Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been noticing a strong petrol smell on my 307 when I come to a stop at junction etc or set off from junction mostly when I have the heater blower on , cant see any leaks from pipes etc , does anybody know if its leaking from any where

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The, last section of your thread does not really make any sense as we cannot see your car! We would need to know the recent history of the car as regards what might have anything to do with the fuel system for a start. i.e has it had a service that included the fuel filter being replaced.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it had a service in about November , nothings been done to fuel lines , what I meant about the last part was it their any common faults on the fuel system that can cause a petrol vapour fault when slowing down

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
A thorough inspection front to tail of anything that has to do with the fuel system. This includes the petrol cap and its seal. A good look with engine switched off and then another with the engine running. Any car that has a smell of fuel has a problem. If there are no obvious signs of leaks then a possibility is the top of the tank might be porous due rust, i.e a pin hole or the like. That is of course if the tank is metal. A lot now a days are plastic of course.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
If it's particularly noticeable with the blower on I'd be looking at the fuel lines where they go down towards the bottom of the car at the drivers (right) side of the car as funes could be entering the car near the cabin filter. As Madbadandold says - check everything to do with fuel delivery especially in the engine bay. Maybe a leak at an injector through possibly a split pipe. Can't say I've read many threads similar to yours so afaik it's not a common problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts