Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Peugeot 307 S 1.6 in February this year, sometimes when driving I get a petrol smell, I took it back to the garage whilst under warranty and they told me it was me over revving it because I was learning at the time.
I'm still having a smell of petrol but it more tends to be as I'm breaking so defiantly not over revving.
I have no clue about cars at all, upon looking online the most common fault I can see Seems to be a leek in the fuel injector, has anyone else had this problem? Could you fix it yourself? Was it the fuel injector?

Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
It is the canister sitting in the right front wing being full of petrol, its job is to ventilate the fuel tank, but my theory is that if you overfill the tank, you can risk that petrol in stead of fumes are being lead to the canister, where active carbon should neutralise the petrol fumes, but it can't handle pure petrol.
You can remove the right inner wing, and there the canister should be at the back upper area. Perhaps emptying it will do the trick, otherwise it's not that expensive

Holt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts