Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I not long ago bought a N Reg 306, just recently i have noticed that the petrol
seems to run low really quickly, i put £20 in one day which was just about half a tank, i have drove 22 miles and now have just under quarter a tank ?

Why or wot could this be ???

C

·
0 Posts
You need to determine your consumption more accurately to determine if there's a problem, IE, calculate miles/gallons.

The gauge isn't linear, and an indicated half tank will in reality be somewhat less than half full, and the rate at which the guage 'empties' willaccelerate from there downwards as the fuel sender is onan arm that swings, and the elss fuel the greater it will travel.

S

·
0 Posts
That is definately excessive, i take it you've checked the system for leaks?

Also have a look at the bleed valve on the fuel filter, mine used to work lose every now and then!

Can you smell fuel anywhere around the car if you leave it ticking over for 5/10 minutes? or look for fuel dripping as it ticks over

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both --- STUBBO, i cant seem to see a leak, i can smell petrol when car running at standstill, sometimes worse than other times, and then sometimes not at all think a friend going to get his mechanic to have a look at it, he said same as you about bleed valve.

I'll let u know the outcome, incase this question comes up again.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts