Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I have a 51 plate 307 1.6 16v and recently have noticed that the engine revs when accelerating with no pick up and then suddenly the power comes back, I presumed it was the clutch on the way out but was tipped off about the petrol I use.

If I fuel up with supermarket petrol e.g. Asda or Tesco my car has the acceleration issue I was told to use BP petrol and all of a sudden the problem has gone. I was sceptical so tried a tank of Asda petrol and hey presto the problem came back. I have once again fuelled up with BP and my car is fine.

Has anyone else had this issue and is it purely down to cheap supermarket fuel or is perhaps one of my injectors worn.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
It kind of depends on the car itself. Many people say their cars run poorly on supermarket fuel but run well with BP, esso or shell while many others find their cars runs just as well with supermarket fuels as the premium brands. My first 307 which was serviced every 6000 miles ran fine with tesco fuel but Morrisons and Sainsbury's fuel was horrendous. On Tesco it was no different to Shell or BP standard fuels but it ran worse on Shell Nitro than with Sainsburys. Guess like daedric says - if it don't run well on supermarket fuel then don't use supermarket duel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts