Peugeot Forums banner

Petrol gauge showing full but isn’t

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DeanMassy 
#1 ·
Hi ,
New to site 😊 petrol gauge showing full but tank isn’t, goes down when petrol is used and had run out no light came on to say refuel Peugeot 307 55 plate when go to fill up at station the pump clicks as if full help please anyone know what the problem is and where to locate thanks in advance

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum - i have moved you question to the correct model specific thread where it should get a better response. Possible faults could be corroded connection on the plug to the fuel tank sender/pump or a sticking or fault sender unit in the tanks

#4 ·
If when refuelling the pump cuts out and you know the tank is not full just pull the filler nozzle out as the pumps can be sensitive to splash back in the feed pipe making it think the tank is full. Then use the squeeze handle to control the fuel flow. With care you an fill the system to the brim of the feed pipe literally!

#7 ·
Hi ,
Yes when fill up , nozzle clicks shows full on dash had put fuel in the other day and had over spilled. So tank must be full and previously I did run out and light didn’t come on to say was low but still was showing full on dash . Only just started to drive so it’s all new to me .

#9 ·
As I tried to explain in an earlier tag that if you push the fuel nozzle right in the fill pipe they can suffer back splash and this triggers the pump to stop and sometimes splash back out of the pipe. Insert the nozzle all the way and then gently and slowly pull it out so that the nozzle tip is just below the shut flap in the pipe. Then start to squeeze the nozzles trigger Control the speed of flow with the nozzle . Check how many litres you put in when you fill the tank fully. Then you can keep a record of miles done till your next fill and work out your cars consumption. Once you have that sorted we can then see if you have a fault with the car.

#11 · (Edited)
Hi ,
New to site 😊 petrol gauge showing full but tank isn’t, goes down when petrol is used and had run out no light came on to say refuel Peugeot 307 55 plate when go to fill up at station the pump clicks as if full help please anyone know what the problem is and where to locate thanks in advance

Nox Vidmate VLC
Insert the nozzle all the way and then gently and slowly pull it out so that the nozzle tip is just below the shut flap in the pipe. Then start to squeeze the nozzles trigger Control the speed of flow with the nozzle . Check how many litres you put in when you fill the tank fully.