Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i bought peugeot 307 Y2007 hatchback petrol 1.6 L automatic and i have it for 4 week now

my question about fuel consumption

i notice the car consume more fuel than my ex-car Subaru impreza 2002 1.6L auto

i made some calculation and my result is

the car (307) consume 8km/L inside the city.. i don't go out side the city .. mostly inside and we had very light traffic

my question is that normal ? or do i need check something in the car ?

this is my first post and sorry for my English

thank you in advance

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know i thought modren cars consum less fuel but its seems not the point here

The car nice but fuel consumption is too annoying

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine is a 2002 1.6 manual. Not sure if being a manual would make any difference. I can only suggest the obvious really. Has the car been serviced recently, are the tyre pressures correct, are you carrying unnecessary weight. I'm sure someone else will have better ideas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You've had the car for 4 weeks but during it's 7 years it way well have been hammered and mistreated by previous owners. Give it a good service and see how things go.
What i should change.. I only changed the engine oil. I usw castrol oil but peugeot recommend total oil whic we dont have..

Its would be nice if you make me a list with thing i should do

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today i notice something on dashboard.. The dashboard showthe car have aboutc100 km before refill... But this number decrease each 1 km by 5km in dashboard after i walk 4 km the dashboard show i have just 80km.. Is that normal.. I check the car i have no leakage from any where.. Is the airfliter fault or oil filter

·
11,766 Posts
What i should change.. I only changed the engine oil. I usw castrol oil but peugeot recommend total oil whic we dont have..

Its would be nice if you make me a list with thing i should do

Buy a Haynes manual, everything you need to know is there.

Or search this forum, the information about what to change in a service is there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Spot on gibbo.....just received the haynes I ordered from UK and spells out servicing beautifully.
PS...I love this forum but sometimes you must get a little upset with people who want to be spoon fed.....try some research I say.

·
11,766 Posts
It wouldn't be so bad if new members were automatically directed to the FAQ. We have asked the administrators to do this in the registration details, but I don't believe anything has been done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i tried search tool about fuel problem i dont got thats much of information .
actually before i register i visit this forum like 100 times and read a lot of topics then i decide to write mine

gibbo first i would like to thank you for reply but u could be less hard . anyways thanks for who reply

all i want to know the fuel consumption is something related to engine or small easy stuff like filters .

about buying this book we don't have visa card in first place how i could buy it .. not by me but buy israel rules which we don't have the permission to have such a thing

anyway thanks guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts