Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,040 Posts
Chopper1192 used to have a petrol 407 and i believe he never had an issue with it. He was religious about servicing etc which helps.
Think his was a 2.2 and he was getting good mpg i think

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I run a gas/petrol car in Turkey and Its not very powerful on hills using gas. If you live in the fens ok but not where there are hills. Then you need valve additive as there is no lube in gas and the valve seats suffer without it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I run a gas/petrol car in Turkey and Its not very powerful on hills using gas. If you live in the fens ok but not where there are hills. Then you need valve additive as there is no lube in gas and the valve seats suffer without it.

Dont cost alot for lube system had one on my jaguar v8 although it was not needed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Love my petrol. 04 Se saloon 2 litre
Average trip returns around 34 mpg but on a good long haul I've had her up to 42 ish ( my usual journey is about 7 miles on A road in rural Norfolk...avg speed rarely above 35....) Usually cruising at about 55
Initial problems were listed in various posts here but I'll list again:
Egr replaced
Map sensor replaced
Complete electric diag done
Timing belt misfitted
All the above issues caused pull back when cruising, loss of power and general poor running. And constant depolution error
Ended up back with Peugeot...I believe primary fault w timing belt being 2 or 3 teeth out of alignment. And original egr refit required coding to car via planet.
Since all that was sorted its done 650+ miles without a single issue. Very lumpy idle when below 5 degrees cold start though til she has warmed up a little.
so far, now initial issues are sorted I'm really very pleased! Superb ride quality, good acceleration and decent pull in fifth gear. Dropping to third to overtake and you really feel the power.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts