Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking for some information on how to run a permanent live fron the battery to back quarter, I have bought a dedicated wiring kit for my towbar and in the Ikea like instructions it shows a live feed from the battery. I have looked at the wiring loom going into the car quite high up on passenger side but having difficulty on getting access to this area as need to get front scuttle off which I have tried but cant get this off as wiper arm wont budge so looking to see if anyone knows alternative route for this wire, or of a method of getting wiper arm off to get better access to where loom goes.
I have looked up from footwell but can't even see where that comes in, even tried getting glovebox off but yet another problem with piston type thing on one of the arms of box, frustration setting at every turn. Any suggestions welcome

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ran mine through one of the grommets up behind glovebox, I think I managed it with the glovebox in place.
If you locate the grommet under the bonnet and then push a metal rod though(nothing too sharp incase it damages an existing wire), I have an old metal piece out of wiper blade that I have used for this purpose on many vehicles over the years. Tape the wire to the metal rod and then pull it through from the inside.
I'll have a check on mine over the weekend and see if I can get a pic of the grommet position under the bonnet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that Richard, have had a look but cant see anything as air filter blocking area so when get dry weather will take your pic and explore further:thumb:

P

·
0 Posts
On my 307 there is a rear cigar socket just behind the rear seats, this has a permanent live feed to it. Not sure if the 407 has this, but if it does, can you not tap into this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wouldn't like to risk wiring into the cigar socket, much prefer connecting direct to battery(fused as close to battery as possible) for towbar wiring.

I have looked at mine and now remember what I did, I poked the metal rod from inside the car through a grommet up behind glovebox/fusebox and it came out in engine bay below servo close to nearside inner wing.

Can't really see anything to get a picture. Just look for a grommet in that area and stick a rod through it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts