Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bit of an issue with brakes grinding/roughness on the pedal from time to time. It doesn't do it all the time and only under light braking.

I've checked:

- the disks and pads front and rear and made sure there is nothing loose - all in good condition
- checked all the tyres as I recently swapped to my winter wheels
- checked to see if there are any faults using Planet - none seem
- checked to see if the car pulls to one side or the other under braking....seems okay
- calipers seem not to be seized
- checked that everything on the suspension is okay. Ball joints, drop links and control arms were done a couple of months ago and all seem okay
- no difference in the general feel of the pedal and brake fluid level is okay (changed just before last winter). did notice the pedal has a bit of a squeak to it though

I have had the ABS kicking in a few times as the roads have been greasy with all the leaf mulch on the road when someone pulled out in front of me and it kind of feels like a lighter type of ABS pulsing. I've never noticed this issue before in the past, but wonder if I'm a bit more sensitive to it having done work around there.

Any thoughts on this would be welcomed

C

·
0 Posts
If your confident all is OK mechanically could there be something like a stone stuck between pads.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your confident all is OK mechanically could there be something like a stone stuck between pads.
I'll take a look, they have recently just done a tar spray and rechip of one of the local roads......made a right mess

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the front pads out and gave them a clean. I noticed that the piston had dug quite deeply into the paint on the rear of the inside pads, so I gave these a clean and put a smear of copperslip on them to make sure they don't stick. I also double checked that everything was appropriately tight

I had a quick look at the rear ones but didn't take them apart. I decided that even though they would be okay for the MOT/controle technique/APK that I'll order some new disks and pads....just waiting for ECP to deliver now :nod:

If the problem persists, I may need to get the ABS unit looked at even though using PP2000, there are no faults

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turned out it was due to the rear left hand ABS sensor....managed to remove it and clean up the mounting surface without taking off the disk as suggested in some posts.

A quick test drive and all seems okay.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts