Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I thought HDI is for diesels not petrol?
I don't see why someone who remaps ecu's on diesels can't also remap an ecu on a petrol engine. Just like a main dealer will take in cars from other manufacturers for repairs / servicing. They don't just work on the make they sell. There is no harm in asking HDI-Tuning if they can help. You have nothing to lose and a potential remap to gain.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mods

I don't see why someone who remaps ecu's on diesels can't also remap an ecu on a petrol engine. Just like a main dealer will take in cars from other manufacturers for repairs / servicing. They don't just work on the make they sell. There is no harm in asking HDI-Tuning if they can help. You have nothing to lose and a potential remap to gain.
They don't do my car as it does not have a turbo. And there would not be hardly any gain worth speaking of.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
as it does not have a turbo.
Don't you think that information along with the model would have been beeter mentioned along with the question in your first post ??

People can only give advice / opinions based on the information supplied. Giving all the relevant information helps achieve a quicker solution and stop irrelevant answers in replies. Pity the information has to be prised out of people far too often just lately.

Regardless of wether it has a turbo or not. The member mentioned by Gibbo may still be able to assist you but oif you if it is too much effort to ask him then it would be pointless for anyone else to offer alternative solutions as the effort involved in following up will be just the same.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MODs

Sorry for confusion, but I thought the 1.6s would have been recognised as petrol in first place plus I think none have turbo fitted. I also thought that being on a Peugeot forum, that would be obvious. My fault, in future I will spell it out properly. I have used forums before, for other vehicles and usually get answers from people that own and have already done the same job i'm asking about. I don't really expect anyone to answer if they have not. I would not answer if I was vague and never done anything with that vehicle. When I asked about mods for my car, that could relate to anything, not just remap. As for being bothered to make contact. As is clear, I said that I did contact and that they do not remap my car, as it is a waste of time and money. So at least I have learned something from them, which has saved me from wasting my money. For which I am greatful.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
You didn't state that you had made contact - your reply just said they don't do your car which reads differently to 'I contacted them and they said they don't do it'.

As for only expecting / wanting replies from people who have done the job on that particular model seems a bit silly. Many people on this forum have knowledge they have acquired without having done a particular job on a particular model as the same work applies to many different models and most if not all would not make a suggestion knowing it wouldn't apply or could result in making matters worse.

This forum is one of the most helpful I've ever been a member of but the help provided relies on full and correct information being supplied. 1,6 S is nowhere near as helpful as 307 1.6 S Petrol. 1.6 S could also apply to other models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts