Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help,
I have a 54 reg 307 estate hdi 110, I need the size as I'm a travelling surfer and need the extra space for boards/sleeping, I am only 18 and work part time, its costing me a bomb on fuel having to rag it up the hills (I live in a hilly area) as I get barely any torque in the low rev ranges.

Can anyone enlighten me on the real gains I would receive on the following mods and possibly any other mods I can use.

-ECU remap? Worth it?
-K&n air filter and induction kit (recommended by a friend)
-egr and dpf removal

Is there anything else I could do baring in mind I'm on a budget?
I'm not looking for huge performance increases apart from the torque gains as it would be nice to overtake a cyclist for once! And a return of over 55mpg would be loveky ,

Sorry for the essay but this is my first attempt of any upgrades and any expert knowledge would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Please help,
I have a 54 reg 307 estate hdi 110, I need the size as I'm a travelling surfer and need the extra space for boards/sleeping, I am only 18 and work part time, its costing me a bomb on fuel having to rag it up the hills (I live in a hilly area) as I get barely any torque in the low rev ranges.

Can anyone enlighten me on the real gains I would receive on the following mods and possibly any other mods I can use.

-ECU remap? Worth it?
-K&n air filter and induction kit (recommended by a friend)
-egr and dpf removal

Is there anything else I could do baring in mind I'm on a budget?
I'm not looking for huge performance increases apart from the torque gains as it would be nice to overtake a cyclist for once! And a return of over 55mpg would be loveky ,

Sorry for the essay but this is my first attempt of any upgrades and any expert knowledge would be great.
Thanks
as gibo says there should be plenty of power at low end as it will have an inter-cooler, get it on planet or diagbox as it could be something simple like a faulty electro valve or blocked egr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as gibo says there should be plenty of power at low end as it will have an inter-cooler, get it on planet or diagbox as it could be something simple like a faulty electro valve or blocked egr
There should be power and fuel efficiency in that engine. Get a diagnostic check done by one of us.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/
ive recently had it diagnosed at a pug dealer.
the report was:

road tested: vehicle flat and smoking on acceleration
-turbo sleeve sealing split - replaced
-3 faults recorded in engine ECU
-little vacuum to turbo - checked piping and enlarged take off hole.
-checked fap readings traced fault to wastegate diaphragm
- will need new turbo

the turbo wastegate was replaced under warranty due to the problem being reported in under 3 months.

any ideas or do i need the ecu codes etc?
thanks

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
ive recently had it diagnosed at a pug dealer.
the report was:

road tested: vehicle flat and smoking on acceleration
-turbo sleeve sealing split - replaced
-3 faults recorded in engine ECU
-little vacuum to turbo - checked piping and enlarged take off hole.
-checked fap readings traced fault to wastegate diaphragm
- will need new turbo

the turbo wastegate was replaced under warranty due to the problem being reported in under 3 months.

any ideas or do i need the ecu codes etc?
thanks
check electro valve for turbo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts