Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have a 2004 Peugeot 307 2.0 HDi FAP Break Tendance 3 door, Navteq on board and PDC. I recently had a board computer "crash" where after I manually had to re-enable my rain sensor, light automatic etc. However, after this crash my Park Distance Control does not work anymore. Absolutely no sound anymore when I put the car in reverse. I took the car for a service last week. Unfortunately they did not have much time to look into the PDC problem. They told me that they suspect the PDC speaker to be faulty after a few quick spot checks. They wanted to confirm this, but believe it or not, could not find the speaker! I.e. did not know where the speaker is mounted. Seeing that this was friday afternoon and the guys wanted to go home for the weekend I left it at that.

Can any of you gurus out there guide me in the right direction? Where is the speaker mounted and can I easilly access that. I personally can not believe that the actual speaker is faulty but I would in any way like to check if all the connections are still ok.
Your help will be most appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Dude said:
Hi guys

I have a 2004 Peugeot 307 2.0 HDi FAP Break Tendance 3 door, Navteq on board and PDC. I recently had a board computer "crash" where after I manually had to re-enable my rain sensor, light automatic etc. However, after this crash my Park Distance Control does not work anymore. Absolutely no sound anymore when I put the car in reverse. I took the car for a service last week. Unfortunately they did not have much time to look into the PDC problem. They told me that they suspect the PDC speaker to be faulty after a few quick spot checks. They wanted to confirm this, but believe it or not, could not find the speaker! I.e. did not know where the speaker is mounted. Seeing that this was friday afternoon and the guys wanted to go home for the weekend I left it at that.

Can any of you gurus out there guide me in the right direction? Where is the speaker mounted and can I easilly access that. I personally can not believe that the actual speaker is faulty but I would in any way like to check if all the connections are still ok.
Your help will be most appreciated!

So then. After a whole day in the workshop they finally swapped the control unit and there you go! €350 later and the PDC works again. That would be my last post here, as I am selling the car. My Peugeot days are over.

G

·
Dude said:
That would be my last post here, as I am selling the car. My Peugeot days are over.
why the childish and pathetic parting shot?

Do you really think a comparable fault in, say (for example) an Astra would cost much less to fix? Grow up. Cars break, and if you don't have the gumption to suss it yourself then you have to hand money over to someone who does. Get over it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
chopper1192 said:
why the childish and pathetic parting shot?

Do you really think a comparable fault in, say (for example) an Astra would cost much less to fix? Grow up. Cars break, and if you don't have the gumption to suss it yourself then you have to hand money over to someone who does. Get over it.

Well said that man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts