Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 307 feline (180) with a problem.

It starts fine when cold (no miss fires etc.) but pauses like it has no throttle when pulling away from the 1st junction, after this it's fine.

No engine management indication, no leaks etc.

The only thing I can think it might be is that I changed petrol stations and used Tesco premium instead of Esso premium.

Any ideas?

Ian.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turned out there were no fault codes, so it looks like bad fuel from Tesco.

No more supermarket fuel then:mad:

·
Registered
168 Posts
just as a precaution clean out your throttle body, mine would hesitate for a split second before power - like it had to take a breath!!! before accelleration, Done mine last night and purrs like a kitten, its a simple job to do also. i put a bit of info on my last post (eco mode Active) that may help you, if you remove the magnet to clean the circuit tracks like i did be careful of the small brushes under the white clip that runs along the board on the tracks, i used a cotton buds and isopropanol very small amounts and take your time , it looks clean but when you gently follow the track with a cotton bud alot of grime comes off it. also make sure around the butterfly valve is imaculate and hinges from the inside lubricated with wd or carb cleaner, i used wd40.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Petrol or diesel ??

I've been running cars for over ten years on Tesco diesel with no issues, getting the same MPG as Esso and BP and better MPG than Shell in a variety of cars namely Hyundai Matrix, Honda FRV, Vauxhall Astra, Renault Laguna, 2 x Peugeot 307's and now a 308 so unless your local Tesco has a diesel tank full of crap then I wouldn't be so quick to blame the fuel. My second 307 seemed to hesitate moving off from stationary but a good dose of EGR cleaner sorted that out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Petrol 2 litre "180". Some cars don't like a change in octane, my friends fiat coupe was the same. Either that or a bad batch. Now running fine, but I will clean out the throttle body tracks later. Thanks all.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Depending on the management system fitted to the engine, some have to re-learn the octane rating if you change it. You are best, where possible, to stick to the same fuel. Although I have found supermarket diesel very variable over the years I haven't had a problem with petrol and never had a problem with Tesco's petrol or diesel. As for original fault if different fuel doesn't sort it would really need to see the streaming data but sounds a bit like an IAT or ETS fault.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran down to half a tank and filled up with what she's used to, Esso super. No more hesitation. Thanks for all the suggestions, I will make a note in case it reoccurs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts