Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys strange one on the wife's 308cc passenger window have had a look on the forum but can't find anything like this????
It goes down and hold or up only in small bursts so if I press down it goes down about 2cms if I then press up it goes up about 2cms i get the same response if I try it on the drivers side buttons all other windows are working perfectly any help on this would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Sounds like it needs the limits reprogramming.

Fully lower the window then press and hold the down button for 10 seconds. Now fully raise the window and pull the button up and hold for 10 seconds. Hopefully the one shot open / close will work again. If it doesn't it may be the glass is dragging in the channel and the anti pinch safety is kicking in. Fully open the window and spray some kind of silicone lubricant into the side channels and fully open / close the window a few times.
It's a bit of a pain but it worked fine on both my 307's that had a similar issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it needs the limits reprogramming.

Fully lower the window then press and hold the down button for 10 seconds. Now fully raise the window and pull the button up and hold for 10 seconds. Hopefully the one shot open / close will work again. If it doesn't it may be the glass is dragging in the channel and the anti pinch safety is kicking in. Fully open the window and spray some kind of silicone lubricant into the side channels and fully open / close the window a few times.
It's a bit of a pain but it worked fine on both my 307's that had a similar issue.
Thanks it as I said it's not to do with the 1 touch it only works in short bursts whether you use the 1 touch or not???

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Doesn't matter whether you use one touch or not. If it's lost it's limits then it will only move up or down in small amounts and take several attempts to fully lower or raise the window.

Have you tried what I suggested? You have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Takes but a few minutes and if it doesn't work then it can be discounted and all you will have lost is a couple of minutes.

Like I said, I've had two cars that did this and my suggestion cured both. Makes no difference that my two cars were 307's - the electrical system is the same on the 308 as the 307.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't matter whether you use one touch or not. If it's lost it's limits then it will only move up or down in small amounts and take several attempts to fully lower or raise the window.

Have you tried what I suggested? You have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Takes but a few minutes and if it doesn't work then it can be discounted and all you will have lost is a couple of minutes.

Like I said, I've had two cars that did this and my suggestion cured both. Makes no difference that my two cars were 307's - the electrical system is the same on the 308 as the 307.
No didn't make any difference to get it to go down I had to push the button down then release about 15 times then at the bottom I held it down for 10 seconds then to get it back up again I had to pull the button up and release then tap the button down then up then down to get it to go all the way up then I held for 10 secs but no difference at all anyone else have any suggestions???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No didn't make any difference to get it to go down I had to push the button down then release about 15 times then at the bottom I held it down for 10 seconds then to get it back up again I had to pull the button up and release then tap the button down then up then down to get it to go all the way up then I held for 10 secs but no difference at all anyone else have any suggestions???
For everyone's information if you have this problem it is a new motor you require problem diagnosed and fixed by the stealer today hopefully this will help someone in the future without having to waste there hard earned cash going to the stealer for this information and repair!!! First time in this forum and I am shocked no one was able to diagnose this fault for me according to the stealer it is a common fault:mad::mad:

·
Registered
67 Posts
For everyone's information if you have this problem it is a new motor you require problem diagnosed and fixed by the stealer today hopefully this will help someone in the future without having to waste there hard earned cash going to the stealer for this information and repair!!! First time in this forum and I am shocked no one was able to diagnose this fault for me according to the stealer it is a common fault:mad::mad:
Get real mate, people are trying to help you here and you act as if you're owed something.

I look forward to your worthy contributions to what is a communities concept, not a limitless free pool of wisdom for your angry sorry ass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get real mate, people are trying to help you here and you act as if you're owed something.

I look forward to your worthy contributions to what is a communities concept, not a limitless free pool of wisdom for your angry sorry ass.
Sorry you feel like that keyboard warrior but I will and am just trying to help other people that might have the same problem ?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
For your information, many 307 owners experienced very similar issues to yours including myself on both my 307's. The repair was more often than not, one of three things - either it needed the limits setting up as suggested, the channels lubricating or dirty contacts in the switch pack.

I don't recall reading the same on a 308 on this forum so maybe not as common as you're main dealer is apparently making it out to be. The fact that no-one suggested replacing the motor should have told you that no=one who has read yout original post has experienced this motor problem. How the hell do you expect someone to correctly diagnose an issue they have never seen without having the luxury of getting their hands on the car.

If you had contacted a member who has dealer diagnostics they could have tested the motor and come to the same diagnosis but silly me, you are too precious to have to read the faq and guide for new members where you would have found info on how to get a diagnostic done by one of the forum members.

With that attitude, good luck getting help with the next issue without paying for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts