Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had remove the driveshaft to put th gearbox back on. Having a right bugger trying to get it back on, can you part it off the engine mount so I can fasten that to the engine and push the shaft through ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Do you mean the right hand side (long) driveshaft?.
If so, simply undo the two 11mm spanner size nuts that hold the bearing to the bracket attaching to the block. Then push the bolts in slightly and turn them 90 degrees. The shaft and bearing will slide out then.
Put the mounting back on the block and slide the driveshaft in, then tighten the 11mm nuts again. You will need a deep 11mm socket for this job.

Roger.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Roger thanks for reply, I did undo them a bit, the way I need to pull the drive shaft out looks like it won't there's like a washer from stopping it, (isn't a washer part of the driveshaft) ??

Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So knock that out first with hammer and chisel hit it on the lip? The opposite way first then pull drive shaft out?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The bolt heads are an odd shape so you can turn them to allow the shaft to come out. They are what hold the shaft in place btw. This is how the shaft is supposed to come out, only the bolt heads will stop it coming out, there isn't a washer holding anything up.
You need to loosen the nuts to near the end of the thread before you can turn the bolts, that's why the are so long.

Roger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts