Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum to try and solve some issues with my late 2018 Peugeot 208.

The missus knocked the driver wheel / wing into a supermarket post (yes another one of those tales), enough to activate the drivers pretensioner.

We’ve now noticed that the pretensioner for the passenger side had been activated too even though there was no passenger present, hence no seatbelt clipped in and nothing on the seat to trick the sensors into thinking anyone was on the seat.

From speaking to a few people I’ve been told there’s no way this should have gone off as they’re designed not to just ‘go off’ when not required.

Is this a fault which Peugeot should be held accountable for and thus fix for me or am I going to have to foot this repair myself? Personally I think Peugeot are liable as this is a fault in my eyes.

Look forward to your thoughts / suggestions!

B

·
6,843 Posts
I think only the airbag activation is linked to seat sensor and bypass switch and pretensioners fire all the time on later models

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The front seatbelt pre tensioners always fire as a pair on a Peugeot - have done since they where introduced back in the mid 1990s.

Restraint system has performed exactly as designed.

FWIW I can't think of ANY automotive manufacturer that has a vehicle that will not fire the passenger seat pre tensioner if that seat is unoccupied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts