Peugeot Forums banner

Partner x reg 1.9d smoking

5K views 22 replies 3 participants last post by  nemises6124 
#1 ·
Hi guys I've just got a partner and it's smoking really bad,, I've looked and found the flywheel sensor not to be located properly could this cause this?

Thanks

#4 ·
Hi again just pulled another crank sensor off a friends expert 1.9d fitted, engine sounds a lot better, but when you rev it hard the engine check light comes on, if you rev it a bit it's fine, wen the engine light comes on it smokes, put the scanner on it and getting back p1145 noise on needle lift sensor signal line, incoherence
P1146 needle lift consistency

Could this still be the crank sensor?

Cheers

#7 ·
Crank sensor is not really for the rev counter it is just for the engine ecu

Needle lift code is different thing entirely noise on signal line says to me high resistance on wiring or similar you will need to look at the wiring and connections between the pump and the ecu the ecu is not happy with the signals for some reason.

There is also 1 injector with a wire on it check this wiring too.

#9 ·
No but now you are giving us a little more history i recon i know whats wrong.

On the flywheel there are 2 lugs that the sensor reads and theses are easily broken i recon you have broken 1 so when the revs get higher the signal does not make sense to the ecu.

The above is assuming you DID have it running ok prior to the clutch change

#10 ·
Basically I bought th van with the clutch gone he assured me the engine was fine but that was just taking his word for it, didn't think of looking at th lugs on the flywheel when I had th box off.. the pressure plate and release bearing had broken down.
Cheers

#11 ·
Ok i recon thats your problem then i have seen it before after clutch failures you need to be very careful refitting the box

Take out the sensor and turn engine over by hand till you see a lug there should be another 180 degrees around from it.

Not sure if you can buy the lugs but there are flywheels on ebay various cars/vans use these engines flywheels are all the same if you are careful you can replace the lug without removing the box again just loosen it and slide it over enough to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.