Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,any help would be welcome.
Partner 2010 1.6hdi.
When warmed up refuses to start until engine has cooled takes maybe an hour or so.
Vehicle has been plugged in but there are no faults shown.
Any thoughts anyone?
Thanks.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sorry thats still not clear IF you start it and drive it will it get you where you want to go and keep going until you turn it off ? please be a bit clearer as the reason for problems differ depending on the symptoms

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Reliable, so I've had a spell of it starting ok,maybe a little rough initially.It would then refuse to restart. once warmed up.If I then left it an hour or so it would restart. Things have now progressed to where last time although it restarted engine light came on and it stopped refusing to restart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once running,it has so far continued to run. Just won't restart.Also strange that there is no info from computer?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Ok computer cant see everything contrary to what some believe !

Sounds to me like you may have a fuel issue or possibly a weak starter

Its NOT glowplugs some garages will say it is these will not make any difference.

You need it on a real computer when its NOT starting and look at the live data this will tell you if the starter is turning fast enough and what the fuel pressure is etc computers do much more than read codes.

Try priming the primer bulb before hot starting if this helps your issue is fuel related

·
Registered
2 Posts
When was the fuel filter last changed? and I mean REALLY changed? Not just itemised on a service invoice. Its often skipped by a lazy mechanic because its really fiddly. Also even if changed in a slapdash way it can get air leaks

I have had this issue TWICE! First garage lied and said they had changed a sensor FOC as a goodwill gesture to cover it up. But its hard to believe a word they said. Never went back

Second garage, good for a few years, then staff moved on, they just said you had some dirty fuel, really? Then you start wondering what else didn't they change?

99% of the game is finding a mechanic you can trust. Learn on youtube how to change fuel filter. Even if you don't feel confident to change it yourself you can do the Sherlock Holmes bit and look for evidence that it has been changed. Same with the oil filter.

I am horribly suspicious of mechanics cutting corners. In my working life our company ran a fleet of cars and I was always marking spark plugs, oil filters, etc before they went off for service. I can't begin to tell you how many times I caught them out. It was my job to read the riot act to the service managers and a lot of them couldn't really care less. Their attitude (then) was its only a lease car. As long as its got a stamp in the book why does it matter?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Vince, yes filter was changed while I was there.cam and crank sensors also changed no improvement.
I went out last night, van refused to restart.totally fed up with it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The scary part was that as I was parked on a downhill slope the brakes gave way pedal to the floor,a lot of heaving on handbrake stopped a trip into the sea!:mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Reliable,i.ve had the suspicion that it may be a wiring fault myself.
Just got to convince the garage.:nono:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Fuel pressure sensor wiring can be rotten inside its insulation the wiring is longer than it needs to be and folded it breaks at the folds i would check there next

1 - 16 of 16 Posts