Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a towbar fitting, I have aftermarket reversing sensors fitted and want to fit a detachable neck towbar. People have told me that Peugeot towbar electrics are notoriously difficult, and unless I have certain things fitted it will fry the electrics. I have been quoted between £320 and £395 for a towbar with simple electrics - ie just a trailer not a caravan with electric relay.

Are they really £200+ to fit (based on a towbar kit being £100 odd from ebay)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What year is our van?. After 2006 many models had a canbus system that can't simply have the towbar electics spliced in.
In some cars you can buy a plug in connector that saves a lot of trouble, and fitting the towbar itself is a reasonably straightforward job, but time consuming.
Don't forget the quotes you have had will probably include a mark up on the price of the towbar itself.
Around £350 sounds about the going rate for the job to me.

Roger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need to fit a universal towing relay. These have to have a separate fused live feed from the battery or fuse box. These repays only take a 0.1 amp from the car lighting circuit to operate which is invisible to the canbus system. Sold on eBay with full instructions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts