Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a partner tepee 60 plate, the heater is working on full speed only, i'm told that i need a heater motor resistor which costs just under 20 quid off fleabay. Problem is i'm not sure where to look. I'm told by some that it sits under engine bay at front on the radiator, others tell me it sits under the passenger glove box. Please advise me so i can try to replace.

Regards
John

·
Registered
822 Posts
Just to be clear you are talking about the cab heater, not the radiator cooling fan?
The radiator cooling fan resistor sits behind front bumper.
Cab heater fan resister is right by the motor for fan, you might have to remove glove box, not worked on a tepee be for though.
Cant find a diagram either to post you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Greegor, thx for posting again.. yes it's the heater inside the cab that is only blowing on the 4th setting and nothing on the first 3. So it is under the passenger side then? Hopefully if i remove the glovebox i will be able to see this motor then?

Regards
John

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Best guess looking at diagrams on servicebox is it sits right next to the fan but inside the airbox. Looks like you have to remove the fan to get to it as it seems to be attached to the inner part of the fan mounting bit of plastic. Fan looks to be behind the glove box.
Sorry to be so vague but diagrams are not very helpful and no repair procedure listed for fan repair/replacement that i can find.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for looking....difficult to find anyone that has actually done this, once i build up the courage i will tackle it and post back.

Regards
John

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ours only works on 3 & 4 but at the moment, it can stay like it, one way of making things warmer, would be to plug the huge gap (if your has it) that is on the bottom of the steering wheel column, where it meets another bit of plastic, the draft that comes from there is massive, giving me cold legs, i have wedged a bit of foam in there, much better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had the glovebox off and it definitely isn't on that side, must be somewhere on the driverside but still can't seem to find it.....

Regards
John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Terry, thx for taking time to post the pics, it is appreciated, that part no 4 is possibly correct but isn't the part that I've got? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heater-Blower-Fan-Resistor-Fits-Peugeot-3008-307-308-5008-Partner-RTHR45PE/173086726970?fits=Car+Make:Peugeot|Model:Partner+Tepee&hash=item284cc5db3a:g:Ob4AAOSwt4xaVL2h ..

I'm getting a bit confused with it now buddy ... I've had the glovebox off and appears not to be in that location, I've had the bottom panel off the driverside just above the pedals and shone a torch up but looks like more needs removing like the main dash clocks etc, not sure i'm up for that so am unsure if it is do able. The fact that it hasn't been done b4 and posted in a video on youtube for instance suggests i would be biting off more than i can chew.

Will have another look the weekend.....

Regards
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there i thought the resistor was gone on my Peugeot partner teepee 2012, but it wasn't, usually if the fan works on number 4 it's the resistor,, the resistor is just at the back of the heater fan which is just
Above the throttle pedal and plugged into the plastic heating system air parts that run through the back and eventually blow air out of the vents its plastic and white square pieces,,, the resistor is easy to take out you have to take off the black cover under the pedals and you will see the plastic parts running at the back, the resistor is just at the back of the throttle and you just disconnect the connector and the resistor is there, there is one very small bolt that you screw out and you can take it out easily and replace it with a new one,, very easy to do,, good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put up a post on how to get to the resistor,, the picture of a resistor that was sent to you was wrong,,, it's just green and thin and square shaped, from what you are saying it's definitely the resistor for sure,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts