Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Ive started a new thread for an existing problem already on here because the problem has changed. Here is some history, our car conked out and refused to start with the starter, she would bump and hotwire the starter but nothing else. The AA man came and could not diagnose the problem and also missed the blown fuse. So I replaced the fuse and all was ok for about 6 or 7 starts then a clicking noise then nothing.

So here I am, I can replace the fuse but it will blow in time. The only modification to the car is an aftermarket towbar and twin electrics, fitted a six months ago but its been ok with no problems. It was proffesionally fitted but in the internal fuse box theres a lot of wires for this that obsructs thhe fuses in the lower parts of the box with more fuses in there wiring, but dont think this is related but im not as good with these new electrics as on older cars?????

I did have a 307 with aftermarket towbar and that used to pop headlight bulbs??

If anyone has any ideas let me know, please.

Vic

·
6,425 Posts
If you have a 20 Amp fuse try upgrading to 25 Amp. This was an official fix from PSA for some models where starter inrush was popping fuses.

If that does not fix it you will most likely need to replace starter motor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts