Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post so will try and give as much info as possible.
I have a 2010 Partner Van 1.6 HDI 90 and have a mystery regarding the electric windows.
The drivers side works fine and as it should...... until the passenger window switch is used and then it trips out. After restarting the engine the drivers window works fine again.
The passenger window was working intermittently over the course of about a week, with a restart of the engine seemingly “resetting” it but now it has stopped working altogether and as I said, operating the button trips the drivers window.
Have tried the BSI reboot to no avail and an auto electrician tested the regulator socket in the door and went away baffled.
Sorry the post is a bit long but any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want something doing .........

Thanks for the reply reliable406, just on way to buy panel removing tool and see if I can find the offending wire(s). Not heard any more from the auto electrician so he either didn’t fancy doing the job or he couldn’t/ didn’t deduce the cause of the fault from an hour of testing ! I would rather he had said if he couldn’t be bothered to do it instead of me waiting a week for him to get back to me, not answering texts either - oh well, if you want something doing eh !

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No need to remove panel its the wires that go from the door frame into the body that break inside the rubber cover peel back the cover and you will see but its most likely the drivers side the problem is at not passenger side. as the drivers door is opened more

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check both sides just for pig iron although the drivers side is working fine. Needed the panel removing tools to be able to reinstall the glass into the regulator if I get it working again - glass was taken out of regulator and wedged up to secure the vehicle by auto electrician.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even though the window switches are on the centre consol, above the gear stick ? There is only a single switch for each window on the centre consol, no switches at all on either door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries, I appreciate your suggestion re the door post. Now have the panels off the inside of the passenger door but rain has stopped play before I got a chance to look for the broken wire. I am of the opinion that the fact the window switches are on the centre consol should have made it easier for the auto electrician to find/pinpoint the cause of the problem but, hey-ho won’t be recommending him to anyone.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Windows are not wired directly to the switches on modern cars the switches are wired to the BSI and send signals to relays inside the BSI and the relays then switch the power to the window motors its a more complicated circuit than it needs to be !

Is your motor a 2 pin plug or does it have a small unit with 6 wires fitted to it ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine has 6 wires into the plug, presumably because it has the comfort control facility. Just going back out to hunt down the offending wire, I may be some time ..............

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem Solved

After checking the wiring in the door post and finding nothing untoward I decided to check the switch on the centre consol (the only switch for the window), so removed all the panels around the gear stick to expose it. Took the switch out and was able to split it open to expose the circuit board behind the pins. I found that a build up of muck/grease/dust had built up between two pins and must have been causing a short.
After cleaning away said muck and plugging the switch back in, Hey-Presto, window now works again. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts