Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...i have a partner 07 reg, with the 1.6hdi engine. Bought it with head gone. Had it skimmed and put back together no problem. So...all good, drove it around for a while..as im driving along at abt 70..it kind of 'coughed'..let out a cloud of dirty thick smoke..and since then, its awful to start...have to keep winding on starter until it fires. Runs rough, puffs out black smoke on idle. If i drive, it hesitates, then full power..but black smoke everywhere. Ok, so new fuel and oil filters, checked and cleaned egr valve, new MAF sensor, all injectors cracked off one at a time, and each one stalls engine. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Was running lovely beforehand.

·
6,425 Posts
Cracking any joint on the hp rail or injectors is dangerous and will identify anything.

Due to the risks from a leak on the high pressure system any sudden drop in pressure from a cracked fuel line will cause ecu to shut down all the injectors.

You need to look at live data and do a leak off test to check injectors

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Its doing my head in. Yes, will plug it in...my code reader wouldnt connect to it...and try leak off test too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts