Peugeot Forums banner

Partner 1.6 HDi EGR

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  reliable406 
#1 ·
hi, Looking for advice on EGR.
I have a 2013 Partner 1.6HDi 93hp (only 22,000miles) and am looking to disable the EGR.
I have seen there is the golf tee capping the vac line and there is also using a blanking plate.
As far as I am aware the EGR opens at low revs and closes somewhere over 2000revs? If this is right, is the valve open at start up and would the vac line capping cause the valve to be permanently open? If the Tee capping works would it cause a dashboard warning light?
Does anyone know if using the blanking plate would cause a dashboard warning light?

I also have a Smart CDi which I have blank plated the EGR. There is a electronic module for the Smart which goes between the MAF and the EGR. It simulates the drop in flow at the MAF when the EGR opens and so keeps the ECU happy. There is no module available the Partner HDi. I have inquired about a remap to remove the EGR but this would be over £300, too much.

#3 ·
2013 is euro5 engine you cant block it with a golf tee its a totally different system and integrated into the electronics also has a vacuum controlled bypass unit its really not worth messing with i have a citroen c3 here same engine i have run it with the EGR blanked it makes no difference but you will get antipollution errors due to low airflow.

Not worth the aggro as they are not really problematic.

#5 ·
It does sound a lot of trouble. I was only interested in trying to remove a feature (EGR) that seems to be designed to destroy the engine over time. Maybe the manufacturers have a interest in designing this feature which would generate future revenue streams? I don't even want to think about a car connected to the "internet of things" that could be instructed to fail at will.

#9 ·
It made no noticeable difference but engine light and antipollution warning will come on as the ECU on newer cars controls the EGR duty so it needs reference signals and with it blanked they are wrong.

I only blanked it for testing purposes car came to me non runner and i will remove blank see if it has made any difference but i dont think it feels any different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.