Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,i have just got the following warning light on my 407 2.0 hdi "particle fuel level too low"
i knlow its some kind of fluid that needs topping up but i wanted to know if anyone can put me in touch with a guy from huddersfield called jkames that a few of you on this forum have recomended,if not do any of you know of anyone else in yorkshire,thanks for reading,sean.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
hi, the particle filter needs to be re-generated after 80,000 miles.. its not as simple as topping up the fluid.. as the car needs to know it has been done..

the oil is topped and the car is reved upto 3000 revs to regenerate.. depending on what mileage your motor has done, it might need the particle filer replacement..

·
Registered
2 Posts
particle filter warning light

Scotcruz said:
hi, the particle filter needs to be re-generated after 80,000 miles.. its not as simple as topping up the fluid.. as the car needs to know it has been done..

the oil is topped and the car is reved upto 3000 revs to regenerate.. depending on what mileage your motor has done, it might need the particle filer replacement..
hi have the same problem will cost £170 inc vat at peugeot dealer can do yourself if you have acces to computer diagnostics to reprograme system

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
javier00 said:
hi have the same problem will cost £170 inc vat at peugeot dealer can do yourself if you have acces to computer diagnostics to reprograme system
If thats a question then "yes" if it`s a statement then you`re right.:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
fluid

sean

unless you have dealer type eqt don't waste your time trying to refill the fluid as that is only half the job.

can't help with that user name.
toddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
407 filler neck sensor problem

hi have had problem with particulate filter on 407 2.0 diesel which needed fluid top up as ive posted already but also needed sensor that goes on filler neck because its was faulty causing it to stay open and injecting fluid when it shouldnt this has cost £150 from peugeot main dealer as you hve to buy sensor which comes with wiring loom hope this helps anyone with this problem

·
Registered
196 Posts
thats a dear part mind. i have just changed one the loom cost 17 +vat. that sure no how to rip people off.we need more people with the pp2000,

G

·
They can only rip off people who possess insufficient knowledge to protect themselves.

They're a business and I'd never knock them for making a profit from my ignorance. The response is to acquire the knowledge/contacts yourself, and those that that haven't/can't/don't want to do this have no alternative but to pay. The choice is ours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are absolutely correct that they can make money on our ignorance but there should be a limit so that it does not go into the area calle "Rip-off" anyways, I am not trying to advertise anything but I found a place in Leeds that does that and they charged me £110. They won't do it in front of me and I use this car as a Private Hire vehicle so I did not have a choice but to get it fixed.

I think there is a plastic tank near the right passenger tire that holds the fluid, this fluid was like red but not toxic as I have seen some post describing it very toxic. It was leaking thus failing the private hire inspection and they said fuel leak. Took it to the mechanic and my mechnaic did not know what it was so I had to change the small hose and fixed the leak. I believe the guy who filled it about 2 months ago did not push it all the way in so it was leaking.

If anyone knows what kind of fluid it is then I think we can buy it cheaper then Dealer who sells is for about £80 for 3 liters or something. I personally thought it looks like a Automatic Transmission fluid any one else have any opinion on it. Please let me know as dealer is taking full advantage of our ignorance:mad:

BTW what is FLEEBAY? I saw in some posts but unable to understand it. Please excuse my ignorance and let me know so I dont ask such a stupid question again.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The fluid is Cerium (III) Oxide in a suspension fluid. I don't know what the fluid is, but I suspect that it will be either water based or based on a light hydrocarbon. The idea is that the fluid carries the Cerium Oxide to the exhaust filter where the Cerium then violently attracts oxygen, burns and takes with it the particles that the filter has trapped.

Fleabay = Ebay :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts