Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I'm getting a message which say "particle filter fluid too low"
Ive had it into a garage and they have said it is going to cost me £250 for this fluid.
Are they trying to rip me off?
What is this fluid?
I have a 407 2ltr hdi on a 55 plate.

C

·
0 Posts
You could do it yourself fairly easy job then get someone with planet to reset counters should cost around £100 give or take a few quid.
PAT fluid is what your after I got 4.5ltrs for about £80/90 from eurocarparts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could do it yourself fairly easy job then get someone with planet to reset counters should cost around £100 give or take a few quid.
PAT fluid is what your after I got 4.5ltrs for about £80/90 from eurocarparts.
The worning only comes up when I start the car and goes off again and then I get a picture of what looks like the exhaust between the clocks.

It only started a few days ago but ive booked it in now. Its a taxi so dont want to leave it as such if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
As above , fill the fluid and reset counters , either by someone on here or buy your own Diagbox ,
i use my 407 as a Taxi aswell :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As above , fill the fluid and reset counters , either by someone on here or buy your own Diagbox ,
i use my 407 as a Taxi aswell :thumb:
I think il let the garage do it, I would probably cock it right up and but it in the fuel cap lol.
Only had it 15 months and so far it's cost me 2 front hubs, a clutch, a starter motor, countless rear bulbs and a battery.
Still not ready to change it though as it's one hell of a comfy car. Its done 92000 so will be getting the cam belt done soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C

·
0 Posts
And it ain't like your gonna have to remove any parts, on mine and all other 407's I've done I just stick back end on ramps unclip hose from tank, fill up then clip hose back on. It's gonna take an hour to hour and half of your time and you'll save £150.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And it ain't like your gonna have to remove any parts, on mine and all other 407's I've done I just stick back end on ramps unclip hose from tank, fill up then clip hose back on. It's gonna take an hour to hour and half of your time and you'll save £150.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
All done now. It took 2 and a half hours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts