Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ads just in with peugot today bout waring on engine management. They told be it needs new particle filter eloy fluid and maybe ecu senso all totaling bot £650:cry::cry:
have a307 hdi 110bhp 03. have been told if you take off the exhaust and either use a long drill bit and power house to break up the filter internally and away i go.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or recommended

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
ae86addicted said:
ads just in with peugot today bout waring on engine management. They told be it needs new particle filter eloy fluid and maybe ecu senso all totaling bot £650:cry::cry:
have a307 hdi 110bhp 03. have been told if you take off the exhaust and either use a long drill bit and power house to break up the filter internally and away i go.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or recommended
Part truth more to it than that , search this site :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
particulate filter

ive just had mine replaced, and the ecu, and a sensor. and drove 20miles down the road and the engine management light pops up saying anti pollution fault. im not happy ! it cost so far £688 to mend those few problems and it seems to be more to it now........:mad:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
ae86addicted said:
legend

Is the ecu bits a must as you are doing it or can they be done afterwards as i have a mate is away for a few weeks but would like to sort the physical labour straight at the weekend

is there any one in the enniskillen/sligo area of ireland will to do this?
North Antrim Area i know

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
hayleyzak said:
ive just had mine replaced, and the ecu, and a sensor. and drove 20miles down the road and the engine management light pops up saying anti pollution fault. im not happy ! it cost so far £688 to mend those few problems and it seems to be more to it now........:mad:
Removing it would have cost less and in years to come it would still not have worried you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had a DPF change at Peugeot Sunwin in Loughborough 2 years back on my old 307hdi 110 and it cost me just over £400 all in. Fault light came back on just afterwards and took it straight back in where they put there hands up and said that when fitting the new one in they had put the two rubber pipes into the wrong holes which caused the fault light to come back on. They fixed it there and then & the problem never came back.

If you shop around you will get it changed cheaper elsewhere. It seems that some dealers remain quiet on the exchange part of the deal & don't discount the car owner with the discount Peugeot give them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts