Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone tell me what is going on with my car it is displaying the following messages Urgent particle filter and depollution system problems. I've done a search on here but i can't decode the lingo into terms i can understand not being mechanically minded at all. :idea:
Can anyone please help.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Your car has a large filter in the exhaust , it cleans itself when you do a long run on the motorway but gets blocked quickly if you only do short runs , there is a tank of fluid under the car as well that helps the cleaning process,

this fluid runs out between 80,000 to 120,000 miles , the filter blocks and you have a couple of options ,

1, clean filter yourself , refill fluid and with diagnostics reset fluid counters (around £60 -£100)

2, remove filter and remap car (around £300)

3,bring to Peugeot who will do number 1 above and screw the life out of you.( around (£600- £800)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thankyou very much really appreciate your help. Do you know where i can get the fluid i need and how much do i need. Thanks again.

C

·
0 Posts
Firstly get fault codes read click on peugeot planet map in betty's posts to find someone near you who can do this.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Your car has a large filter in the exhaust , it cleans itself when you do a long run on the motorway but gets blocked quickly if you only do short runs , there is a tank of fluid under the car as well that helps the cleaning process,

this fluid runs out between 80,000 to 120,000 miles , the filter blocks and you have a couple of options ,

1, clean filter yourself , refill fluid and with diagnostics reset fluid counters (around £60 -£100)

2, remove filter and remap car (around £300)

3,bring to Peugeot who will do number 1 above and screw the life out of you.( around (£600- £800)
Option 2 is the technically the only permanent fix, as arguably the option 1 and option 2 lend themselves to it happening again, depending on how long you own the car for.

But as betty says, those are your options.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re mapping

Hi does anyone know of re mapping actually working to correct the problem i have with the 407 to turn the warning light out for the particle filter. I have been told that i can have the FAP removed and the car re mapped. Is the FAP the catalyst. If so surely it won't pass an MOT? Thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
That depends on your location. Also some CAT/FAPs are a sealed unit, others are not, like mine. I removed the FAP, then I removed the CAT, I'm glad I did.

Here in the UK for diesels we only have a smoke test, you will pass on the first acceleration if you come in at 1.5m-1 smoke density, if it doesn't then 3.0m-1 (for Turbocharged engines) is all that is required for a pass.

There is no legal requirement for a CAT on Petrols or Diesels, the legal requirement comes from meeting the emissions standards... a petrol is highly unlikely to do this without it's CAT so you could say removing the CAT is illegal. Diesels remain unaffected, my car still barely smokes having a complete straight through system.

Just be clear, I don't work in the legal system, this is entirely based off the research I've done in the UK.

Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts