Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

For the last couple of days, my car kept on coming with this warning on the computerboard.

I went to the local BOSCH mechanic for a diagnose test. It turned out to be a fault on the EGR ventil. I read on multiple sites, that you can get it turned off by a chiptuner. Will there be any consequenses after this though? I mean will the car/engine take damage? :(

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Here's how the DPF and regeneration work: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1306802-post2.html

One of the things the car does in order to get the exhaust temperature up during a regen is to keep the EGR closed.

Therefore if your EGR is not working then the car will not do a regen.

The EGR valve reports its position back to the ECU, and if the position it reports is too far away from the requested position then you get a fault. This is why you can't simply disconnect the electrical cable from the EGR valve in order to disable it.

The purpose of exhaust gas recirculation is to reduce NOx emissions.

It is a common modification to disable EGR. There are no adverse effects to the car. But think of the children. You will generally notice a better throttle response when the EGR is disabled as the engine doesn't have wait to flush out exhaust gas with fresh air before it can start burning fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts