Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
cleaning

nice removal description.

however is missed the part that says you are dealing with a product within coshh,and that it CAN NOT be allowed to wash into domestic drains!!
i hope you don't have nosey neighbours or council officials.

toddy

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
There's a video on youtube of some guy setting his on fire! (Petrol and a blowtorch by the looks of it!) I assume this would be a bad plan? Great info by the way!

·
Registered
301 Posts
hi zooanksi,

really appreciate your guide on cleaning the particle filter. ive got a 307 hdi se, its a 05' 1.6. i take it your guide will work for my model too. what tools will i need (im kind of a novice) and what can i do if i dont have a pressure cleaner?...

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi mate wats the best way 2 clean my dpf filter cos i am gona try cleaning mine once i get some1 2 take it of as i ant got a clue wer 2 start lol wat did u use am getting the unblock diesel filter, wen its done does it get rid of the stupid messages once reset any help wud be much appreciated,

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi zooankski...... wat did you use to clean your dpf i have got a 307 hdi 110 its 2002 2.0 have just topped the fluid up and reset counters but still got unblock diesel filter have had the car 6 weeks and never driven it i had 2 have new engine block,turbo,air flow meter and cam belt its starting to do me head in now just want it on the road any help wud be very gratefull..

·
Registered
117 Posts
hi zooankski...... wat did you use to clean your dpf i have got a 307 hdi 110 its 2002 2.0 have just topped the fluid up and reset counters but still got unblock diesel filter have had the car 6 weeks and never driven it i had 2 have new engine block,turbo,air flow meter and cam belt its starting to do me head in now just want it on the road any help wud be very gratefull..
Mate just get rid of the thing once and for all, I've had a lot of work done to my 2002 307 in the past like yourself, and believe me it's nothing but a reoccurring headache! You may have already spent some money on it (fluid etc) but it's sooo much better to get rid of it in my opinion. Perhaps you can recover the fluid from the tank and sell it to recoup some money!?

If you post where you're based, there may even be someone who can help out (I for one would be happy to if you're near Nottinghamshire)...I'm a BIG fan of the DPF removal and am extremely grateful for the help on this forum.

The guide to remove the DPF is in the maintenance section, posted by scotcruz :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mate just get rid of the thing once and for all, I've had a lot of work done to my 2002 307 in the past like yourself, and believe me it's nothing but a reoccurring headache! You may have already spent some money on it (fluid etc) but it's sooo much better to get rid of it in my opinion. Perhaps you can recover the fluid from the tank and sell it to recoup some money!?

If you post where you're based, there may even be someone who can help out (I for one would be happy to if you're near Nottinghamshire)...I'm a BIG fan of the DPF removal and am extremely grateful for the help on this forum.

The guide to remove the DPF is in the maintenance section, posted by scotcruz :thumb:
am in grimsby (north east lincolnshire) to be honest mate i wunt no wer to start am not very good with cars only driving em:lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
am in grimsby (north east lincolnshire) to be honest mate i wunt no wer to start am not very good with cars only driving em:lol:
that's a little far for me personally buddy, but don't be put off it's a very easy job - you'll wonder why it wasn't done sooner!

I won't go into full details on this thread, as there is more than adequate info on the DPF removal one. First things first order yourself a Galletto 1260 from ebay, and after reading the thread if you still have questions I'm sure there'll be plenty of help available. Regarding the physical work, if you're not comfortable doing it then I'm sure a local mechanic could assist...it's really not that difficult

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice 1 betty looks pretty straight forward, but last week i took me son 2 hospital and did about 70-80 mph for half hour and the unblock filter as gone and engine management light as gone of and its bin of a week now so hopefully it shud be sorted

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
nice 1 betty looks pretty straight forward, but last week i took me son 2 hospital and did about 70-80 mph for half hour and the unblock filter as gone and engine management light as gone of and its bin of a week now so hopefully it shud be sorted
Maybe that worked , but would say that its a problem that will come back , you should decide to either invest in planet , start saving for a filter or removal of filter .:thumb:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts