Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

every time I start my car the particle emission filter saturation warning light comes on for a few seconds then goes out. The message states that the additive levels are too low.
The local peugeot garage put it on their diagnostic machine and said I need a new filter (at a cost of £600). is this correct or do the level just need to be topped up and is this not part of the scheduled servicing?

·
Registered
534 Posts
There is a thread on this. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9444 and follow the link.

The particle filter will need either replacing or cleaning and the fluid will need topping up.

It is not part of the scheduled servicing. There is a quantity of Eolys Fluid in a container on your car. This is fed very slowly into the exhaust system. The idea is that every now and again (say 50,000 miles) is burns away the crap that clogs the filter. By the time it finally runs out, the filter is clogged beyond the capabilities of the fluid.

Eolys fluid is horribly expensive and there seems to be no alternative to it.

Zooankski has published a brilliant illustrated guide to cleaning the filter (see above) and refilling the container yourself (or if a garage will do the job) This will be a lot, lot cheaper and will work BUT thereafter you will need the warning message removing via someone with Peugeot Planet Software.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts