Peugeot Forums banner

partical filter level too low! driver heater only blow cold air! lots more..

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Gary C 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this 2nd hand peugeot 207 2ltr 18 months ago and the last years I have had endless problems with the car.... however this is not the main reason I'm writing this post. I have been advised by some other users on this forum to seek some genuine help.

My car been having this partical filter level too low for 6 months already. I visited several garages but only one know how to do the job. Some even told me not to worry about it. The one that does is quoting me 300 plus which I still think is too much. I have spent over 1k repairing this car already and I really want to avoid any unecessary repair if possible. If it got to be done, anyone know anybody can do it cheap? I live in Northampton. Also im having a problem with the heating fan on the driver's side blowing cold air out! Already paid 100 pounds removing some blockage but it still doesn't work..... also it got the left hand brake light fault as well which I cannot see where the fault was as all lights are working! To top it up with all the problems I already have, my car always have this 'tyre pressure not mointor' or somewhere along the line..... what is happening! This is just a nightmare! I have to say I don't know much about car but my hubby is even worst. All he know is to put fuels in and drive. He can't even tell if the car was making strange noise (which I can and took it to the garage and it was the wheel bearing! Costed 190 to repair... ) so I'm on my own. Any help will be highly appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you mean the FLUID level is too low?
It means getting it topped up, and if it's like the 407, the counter reset.
As for the heater, same as the 407 again, probably the heater flap issue.
Neither job is too taxing, although you need access to software to reset the fluid level counter. And to do the heater flaps it is a dash out job.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply... so all these are common faults?! To get all these sorted, I guess it's another grand then, is it?

By the way, do I really need to top up the fluid and have the counter reset? Or can I just leave it? As I have been leaving it for over 6 months already, will there be a problem? And as I said anyone know I can have it done cheap? Around Northampton?

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply... so all these are common faults?! To get all these sorted, I guess it's another grand then, is it?

By the way, do I really need to top up the fluid and have the counter reset? Or can I just leave it? As I have been leaving it for over 6 months already, will there be a problem? And as I said anyone know I can have it done cheap? Around Northampton?

#5 ·
Fluid is about £80ish. Heater flap repair kit about £50- £60 on ebay.
Then get your husband to get cracking with his tool kit.
In fact, if you ask nicely there might even be someone on here that would do the jobs for some beer vouchers. Fill the tank, reset the counter.

G
#6 ·
As already mentioned top additive fluid up or you'll get more problems you can buy it by the litre around £35-40

Two places have been recommended recently to fix heater flaps they do dash out job for £250ish.

Tyre pressure not monitored can be turned off by anyone with Peugeot planet so no more warnings plus they can reset the counters when you've topped the fluid up cost wise depends on what the individual charges but not much usually.

Brake light warning is usually an earth fault on rear lights and well documented on here.

#8 ·
Beer vouchers Xlineiain? What ever it is and however it works, if any nice chaps can give me a hand on these jobs, that's certainly it's not a problem.

My next door neighbour did say he can get me the fluid but he weren't sure how to top it. He said something about too tire to stand there holding the bottle for the refill and it takes few hours?! No idea what he means...

My trusted garage cannot be trusted anymore.... he is starting to rip me off! He never stick with his quote, plus even I paid him, problem still there..... not very good at all. Used to lend me car when my car need fixing but now didn't even bother! Time for a change I guess...

#9 ·
Just to make it clear, your car has a filter in its exhaust to capture the 'smoke' a Diesel engine normally makes. This filter will eventually block up and stop the car from running so Peugeot put a small tank of fluid in the car which mixes with the diesel and allows the computer to occasionally regenerate the filter by burning off the particles that have stuck to it.

The computer knows how much fluid you have left and is telling you it's nearly (or actually) empty. It needs filling back up, but the computer can't tell that it's been done and needs someone to plug in a diagnostic system and tell it.

If you just leave it, the filter will block. Halfords do sell filter cleaning fluid for diesel exhaust filters that you mix with the fuel instead but I have no idea if they work with the Peugeot system.

The heater flap, if you get some heat from other vents, I would be tempted to put it on re circulation when it's cold so that the heat from the other vents can warm the car.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.