Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a second 308 Active SW. My first one has a torch built in to a recess on the right of the boot. My new one doesn't, but it does have the wiring behind a grill in the same recess.
I can easily find a new torch and its holder on e-bay, however Peugeot Australia can't find a part number for the black grill that the torch holder needs to fit in to so that it then fits in the recess.
Does anyone have a 308 SW with a black interior and a torch in the recess on the right hand side of the boot who can give me the part number off the back of the grill surround?
Many thanks!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I don't wish to rain on your parade, but Peugeot parts are not marked with the Peugeot part number, but with a manufacturers number which is meaningless to the Peugeot dealer's parts system. The Peugeot part number only appears on a label attached to the packaging.

If you post the last eight digits of the VIN of the car with the torch, I'll try to find the part in the Service Box, but that's presumably what your dealer's already done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ..... bother ! That explains a lot about my local Peugeot parts department's very slow response to finding a number of missing clips and bits for me.
The last eight digits of the VIN are 9S2009905, however the interior of that 308 is beige/cream and the interior of the 308 I'm trying to put a torch into is black. But if I can get any colour grill I'm happy to get creative with an appropriate black paint !

Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hm, you've given me 9 digits. I tried various combinations, and when I left one of the two 9s out, i.e. 9S200905, I got "308 ESTATE - LEISURE 1.6 HDi 110 particle emission filter (DV6TED4) Manual gearbox 6".

I didn't find your part on the diagram, and the colour of the parts is given as NERO MISTRAL. As nero is black in Italian, and close to noir in French, I suspect I'm on the wrong car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apologies, my usual two thumb typing, I must have hit two keys at once ! The last eight digits are 9S200995. It is a 2010 308 Touring XSE HDi 6 speed manual.
Sorry to waste your time !

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
No worries, that worked. Here's the diagram - hope it shows what you want - maybe Item 9 (it's different to 14 on the left side)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ian.
It's a variation on the right hand Item 10 that I'm after.
The torch fits into a bracket (which also has the recharging electronics on the back) (see first picture), the bracket clips into a variation of Item 10 (see second picture) and the whole thing is secured into Item 9 in the recess.
The same torch and mount are used in other Peugeot and Citroen vehicles (see third picture) but the grill to fit it into the 308 recess is of course unique to the 308 !
All I can think is that it was an optional extra a therefore does not show on the usual parts diagrams.
I think I'll have to start contacting scrap yards !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I think you're right about it being a dealer-fit kit, as there's no mention of it in the build list for your car.

But its not in the current accessories brochure either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts