Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these things supposed to be armed all the time? Mine are active whenever the ignition is on, regardless of what gear is selected. :confused:
It is very annoying in heavy traffic. "beep beep beep beep ,thank you car, I know the idiot behind is following too close, I can see up his nose!:eek:!)

In other cars I have used, the sensors only activate when reverse is selected.

(standby for other silly questions, new car, ex Japan, with no Owners how to manual)

Cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are these things supposed to be armed all the time? Mine are active whenever the ignition is on, regardless of what gear is selected. :confused:
It is very annoying in heavy traffic. "beep beep beep beep ,thank you car, I know the idiot behind is following too close, I can see up his nose!:eek:!)

In other cars I have used, the sensors only activate when reverse is selected.

(standby for other silly questions, new car, ex Japan, with no Owners how to manual)

Cheers
No problem with external links , but a different car forum? Why not just write the answer yourself.Betty

and this one

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777&page=2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different fault, mine are working all the time the ignition is on, regardless of gear selected. There is no short or long beep or anything when reverse selected.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Different fault, mine are working all the time the ignition is on, regardless of gear selected. There is no short or long beep or anything when reverse selected.
If your car was an electrical installation I would say you have 3 possibilities

1. A micro switch (for reverse) is stuck, but assuming (I should never assume) that the reverse switch is switching your reverse lights and your rear parking sensors relay and that your reverse lights are not permanently on then this option would be void.

2. A relay contact. Assuming that the reverse switch triggers a relay (for reverse lights and parking sensors) you could have a contact within the relay that's fused together. I see this lot in heavy industry.

3. The on board computer (ECU). If points 1 and 2 are not valid (someone one with more experience on the forum might help with this) then you might need your computer (ECU) reset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hysteria,
Reverse lights operate when gear is selected, no issue there. The Haynes wiring diagram for the reversing lights shows no other relays or connections. I found the fuse for the parking aids, it is shared with other systems,but again, the wiring diagrams don't show the x over, and don't show the parking aids at all.

John,
looks like oem. All the visible wiring, and the plastic sheathing over the wiring looks the same as that in the engine bay.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hysteria,
Reverse lights operate when gear is selected, no issue there. The Haynes wiring diagram for the reversing lights shows no other relays or connections. I found the fuse for the parking aids, it is shared with other systems,but again, the wiring diagrams don't show the x over, and don't show the parking aids at all.

John,
looks like oem. All the visible wiring, and the plastic sheathing over the wiring looks the same as that in the engine bay.
I hate to say it but it's looking more and more like a controller issue (ECU).

There's a thread on the forum somewhere about how to reset the ECU (if memory serves) and that might solve your problem.

If not then there might be 1 of the forum experts (there's a list of them) that may be living near you and can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts