Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First of all I must introduce myself as I am new to the forum. My name is Luke, I am currently driving a 308 GT 2.0 HDI which I am very happy with (besides the cost of fuel additive but that's another story).

I am hoping that someone out there can help me with a set of nightmare parking sensors. My car has both front and rear parking sensors however I am being intermittently told that my parking sensors are faulty by the in car computer. At first I thought this was down to the sensors being dirty however despite giving them a thorough clean this has not resolved the issue. After speaking to a Peugeot dealer I am told that it is common for the sensors to become faulty after a being "bumped" in a car park for example and that I should examine the sensors and ensure they are all flush with the bumpers. One of the sensors on the rear was not flush and when prodded simply dropped from the bumper. Peugeot advised me to reattach the sensors via the clip that should be there, which is not, or failing that via a small dab of glue which I have done. However although the sensor is now flush the fault is still present.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can clear this fault and regain the use of my parking sensors?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hello & welcome Luke . Sorry cant help with problem I have 308 SE petrol auto & it doesnt come with sensors ( I find 308 is far too small to need them ) , But I realise they come as part of the package on some models . Maybe someone can throw some light on it ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello & welcome Luke . Sorry cant help with problem I have 308 SE petrol auto & it doesnt come with sensors ( I find 308 is far too small to need them ) , But I realise they come as part of the package on some models . Maybe someone can throw some light on it ??
Hello tiptronic. No worries at all. Yes I hope someone has some suggestions. It's quite a common fault apparently but none the less it's one of those annoying ones which takes hours of fault finding to rectify.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts