Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have just joined today, what a fantastic site and i wish id found it before,
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a little problem of mine,
I have a (56plate) 407 Coupe 2.7 hdi which i bought last summer, since i bought it the parking sensors (both front and back) dont function, i took it back to the garage just after i picked it up and they plegged it it and were as cinfused as me!!! apparently there were no faults being inducated, and they were turned on.

There are no faults on the sat nav screen and you can "turn them off" with the button by the climate controls, but they just dont come on when your reversiong or going forward, its like there just not there!!!

Anybody ? :p

Thanks for reading my Rant!!!
Nathan

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hmmm.... intresting, someone else has posted that theres are constantly on, we put it down to having a faulty ECU...if your car is under warranty, drop the car off and leave it with them till its sorted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sadly it isn't .
Was wondering if i may have more success trying to use planet myself?

Would i be correct in thinking that i could use planet....pending a download of planet and a obd2 cable from ebay???

Nath

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
fair enough, i would just spend the day stripping the system and checking all wires and connections, if they are proved it will be a setting of some sort.

unfortunately planet will only work with the dedicated interface, no other this is due to the pin configuation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh well no planet then !

how would i find details of the location of the parking sensors ecu and pin diagrams for the connectors incase its just not gettin triggered?
I have reasonable knowledge of electronic and my dad was a bit of a mechanic as a youth so have skills to call on.

N

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something else that has occoured to be...

when you go into vehicle configuration on the navigation screen (rt3) some of the options are greyed out so you cannot "click" on them, including the parking assistance.

Nath

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
best place would be a haynes manual for your vehicle. if its greyed out chances are its disabled on the ecu...its either a holder or dealer that can look into this for you.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
u maybe able to get them from peugeot themselves....other than that im not sure. your best bet is to visit 407owners...i only know trem1 to be a member...not sure on any other else.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Are these actual factory proper sensors like mine, or the after factory ones like my Dads?
Theyre Peugeot sensors but not factory. Dealer fit ones. Mine show up in planet and have a button on the dash, his has no button and dont show up in planet.
They still work though. Mine beep through the speakers, his don't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is exactly the same - did you get this resolved?

more developments...

it occourd to me yesterday that there was another clue! :p

i have attached a picture of the rt3 screen in my car in the "define vehicle parameters" screen,
does anybody elses look like this . . . with regards to options being grayed out?

Nathan
Hi Nathan - I picked up my new 407 yesterday (407 2.7 hdi coupe) registered 06. I have no parking sensors working either, with a warning message on the Sat nav screen. I also have these options greyed out too. I have called the garage that I bought the car from yesterday, and they are arranging to take it back in to have a look. But I was curious as to whether you ever got ths sorted?
Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
King
The parking sensor issue is usually moisture in the wiring or in one of the sensors. I had the same issue with all the recent snow, i turned the system off via the switch on the dash...Left them off until the weather heated up & hey presto! They work again :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
As above mine played up with the damp weather last year, sprayed everything in contact cleaner then a coat of protection wax over the wiring and sensor backs and it's been fine since.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts