Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pugeot 3008 1.6 HDi EGS auto Active 75K on the clock.

Yesterday when I was driving at 40MPH I suddenly got the parking brake faulty message and On the dash board Auto parking off light, Orange triangle, ABS and ESP lights came up.
Stopped the car, switched off and on still getting the same errors. Now auto parking break does not work but manual parking break works.

Any one encountered this know what the fault is and how to fix it? Suggestions and advise greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Hi

I have the egc box and electric handbrake i am guessing you mean when you switch ignition off the handbrake does not auto apply I’ve not had that issue but you could try resetting your bsi

Also if like my car the MFD will show you a list of error issues you may find something there

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked MFD and it shows the following,
Parking brake faulty,
ABS Faulty.
ESP Faulty.

Not sure how to do a BSI reset. Any instructions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a diagnostic code reading last night and came out to be rear left abs sensor.
Checked online car parts and could not find such part. Only the front abs sensors are available. any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

Finally sourced the rear left speed sensor from peugeot and fixed to the car. The warning lights did not disappear. Then we realised the the culprit was not the sensor. Checked the continuity of the two wires from the sensor to the ABS pump. As guessed no continuity, found out one of the wires broken on top of the fuel tank. soldered the wire and all warnings disapeared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a citroen c4 grand picasso and the auto handbrake light is on and when u go in the setting it says its activated, had someone read it but no fault codes came up ,and every so often it comes up economy mode anyone got any ideals please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts