Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my peugeot 5008 2013 Allure has developed a parking brake fault. If I apply the electronic parking brake using the centre console switch it flashes "Park brake fault" on the display and does not apply the brake. The warning light then flashes as I continue to drive.
If however I turn the ignition off the handbrake applies without fault.
Any ideas please?
Thank you

·
7,854 Posts
Best to get codes read to be 100 %, however i think there has been a common fault with faulty handbrake switches on some models

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. Please reply and let me known if this works
yes,fixed my issue and took less than 5 mins to replace. Only issue I had was that the warning lights still came on immediately after replacing. I left the car for about 1hr before starting the engine again. And then the warnings didn’t occur again. I guess the car needed sometime to clear the fault in its memory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. Only£14 on Amazon. Probably worth it before I pay the £100 or so just for the diagnostics at Peugeot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could also be abs sensor. But the car would show a abs/asr fault as well. When abs sensor not working it shuts down autom.parking, cruise control and even navigation. The automatic parking switch works normally but won't switch off the breaks when start driving automatically. Also there is no hill hold at this time. You can drive normally with the car but in order to get the rest in normal working order, you need a replacement abs sensor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts