Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I parked up my 307 2003 2.0 HDI on Xmas eve, went to it Sunday(4th Jan) to take it for a run ready for work early(5am) Monday morning. It would turn over as normal, but would not start, so after trying for a while I called the RAC.

He checked for faults but none showing, checked fuel,pressure,etc and did a live data check on his unit while it was turning over trying to start.

He said all readings seem ok.

He removed the air filter and sprayed in to it while I turned it over, it was trying to start but would not run.

He spoke to my mechanic(who serviced it in December) on the phone and they agreed that the cam and injectors where not in sync, which indicated that the cam sensor was at fault.

It got taken to local garage (recommended by a friend) today, they fitted a cam new sensor, but it is still doing the same.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Readings seem ok but he thinks it needs a cam sensor ?

You should have got a print out of live data readings to show us

does car beep with key in ignition and door opened ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but I did notice it keep saying Eco mode active on the display ?

And this morning my wifes car (same but 02 plate) when I walked to it and pressed the unopen button, MY cars multifunction display lite up saying eco mode active. ?

Hers is parked next to mine.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi mate. Eco mode will not stop it starting. It is a protection system built into the electrics. It will stop non essential items on your car from working until it starts e.g Central locking, radio ect. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
in the same boat, Start of new year will not start

Hi Mickiette, just wonder if you got your car resolved? Thought I would ask on this thread, rather than Starting another new car won't post Thread. Been searching lots of info. Now at bit of a loss.

Mines a 307 2.0 HDI RHS Dturbo 51 plate 2002 year. around 97000 miles on the clock.
Drove the car on sunday night, Woudn't start on Monday Morning. Charged battery, started on Tuesday moved the car as was blocking in my girlfriends car. Now has not started again. Since replaced with new battery but still no joy.
cranks but will not fire. After a really long period of long cranking attempts with new batttery. the car did start to shudder, so atempting to fire. but no start.

Planet does not show any faults that I think would cos a non-start, I got a abs/esp fault that's a problem with right rear wheel speed sensor. An Up stream oxygen sensor fault, but had that since removing dpf around two years ago with info i got from here. So think it might be disconnected.

looked at live data, I believe anything is as it should be.
can't remember all of the figures, will try and start again tonight. and record all figures and post later.
not sure of rpm crank speed now
cranking fuel pressure around 200 bar
crank and cam sync showed as ok
key recognised

Not really sure where to-go next?

If yourself or anyones has any ideas. Would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin.

Having to catch two buses to get to work every day which is turning into bit of drag already. Great start to the new year :(

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's still in the garage :(

Apparently they have found that the drift on the cam to pulley has broken, so the timing marks are not lining up with the cam. They have ordered a new drift and pulley to fit today, but still not heard off them.

I'm still keeping finger crossed that it is solved when they call.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
If the key way is broken in the cam pulley then you will no doubt also have broken rockers unless you are very lucky.

Not a hard fix though and do not let them tell you head needs to come of it does not just needs rockers replaced.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, got the car back at last, no damage to anything but the pulley. Starts like a dream, and runs fine.

The only damage that was done was to my bank account for £485 :(

But at least my little girl is back home :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts