Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had park assist as standard on my previous two cars and never even tried it out so it wasn't worth paying the extra for my 3008.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So has anyone with the park assist option actually tried it out yet ?
Yes and No :lol: I have 'tested' it and it works but not tried it for real except to get out of a tight parallel parking position when someone parked a little tooooooo close behind, I still could have done it myself but it was easier to let the car do the work :D I mainly got it for the forward camera.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've tried it a few times and it works really well, it does seem to be obsessed with getting slap bang in the middle of the parking space so sometimes takes more shunts that I would have if I just did my 'abandon with attitude' park.

TBH it's worth it just for the front camera, makes getting out of a tight spot a breeze.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I managed to find a quiet car park and tried reversing into a space using the system. Worked a treat but never had park assist before so it felt strange sat there with my arms folded. Not tried parallel parking yet as every time I do the road gets busy so it's easier just doing it myself.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Count me in as "I only got it because I wanted the front camera".
What with having a steeeeeep drive and a high bonnet, I need the camera to be able to see the garage door. :yikes:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
My 'old' Cit's got it but I'm probably the last one to actually need it, being in the country.
In the city I'd feel I was holding up the traffic for too long.
Does the front camera come on when the front sensor dictates in any manoeuvring or only when you select pa?.:confused:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My 'old' Cit's got it but I'm probably the last one to actually need it, being in the country.
In the city I'd feel I was holding up the traffic for too long.
Does the front camera come on when the front sensor dictates in any manoeuvring or only when you select pa?.:confused:
This I too would like a bit of clarity Dave. As I mentioned previously, I'm none to bothered with PA but could definately use a bit of visual assistance up front. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
This I too would like a bit of clarity Dave. As I mentioned previously, I'm none to bothered with PA but could definately use a bit of visual assistance up front. :)
I don't think we're actually meant to think much these days Mike, it's supposed to be done for us, is my impression :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
No it doesn't come on when front sensor indicates something near, you can put it on from the touch screen or just momentarily put it in reverse (rear camera come on) and then put it in forward gear and then changes to front camera for about 5 seconds (at least on an auto box but assume same for manual)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
No it doesn't come on when front sensor indicates something near, you can put it on from the touch screen or just momentarily put it in reverse (rear camera come on) and then put it in forward gear and then changes to front camera for about 5 seconds (at least on an auto box but assume same for manual)
Tell, you mention 'putting it on using the touch screen'.
Does this require any setup or use of other keys first, or is it simply a case of you tap on a certain part of the screen to activate the front camera?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I don't think we're actually meant to think much these days Mike, it's supposed to be done for us, is my impression :)
Yes Dave, I'm a bit of a bugger when it comes to everything being taken away, especially if it spoils the driving experience.
It's a fine line we travel between what is actually of use or simply a marketing gimmick.
In this case I still see it as a gimmick but unfortunately that drive of mine leading up to the garage is one where the gimmick wins. ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Tell, you mention 'putting it on using the touch screen'.
Does this require any setup or use of other keys first, or is it simply a case of you tap on a certain part of the screen to activate the front camera?
From memory (but I am sure it's right) you press the piano key with the 'car' on it then about 3 lines down you can tap the screen to turn the front camera on for about 5 seconds, if it times out before you have finished just tap the screen again.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
From memory (but I am sure it's right) you press the piano key with the 'car' on it then about 3 lines down you can tap the screen to turn the front camera on for about 5 seconds, if it times out before you have finished just tap the screen again.
Cheers mate, that'll do for me. :thumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't think it times out after 5 seconds, but instead switches off once you go forward over a certain speed, at least that's how it works on mine!

The other day it was on the whole of my journey out of a car park, which was quite nice!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I don't think it times out after 5 seconds, but instead switches off once you go forward over a certain speed, at least that's how it works on mine!

The other day it was on the whole of my journey out of a car park, which was quite nice!
Just so long as it stays on whilst it goes up the drive will do me.:thumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks, I have just tried going slow and it did stay on :)

I used the front camera the other day to make sure a Duck and ducklings crossing the road in front of me had got out the way before driving on :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't think it times out after 5 seconds, but instead switches off once you go forward over a certain speed
Just noticed that it does turn off after about 5 seconds #IF# it came when selecting forward gear straight after reversing camera was active. If it is enabled from the touch screen then speed seems important.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.