Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am picking up my new 3008 on Thursday from the dealers but I have to go tomorrow morning to sort out the remainder of the finance. I was asked to bring with me the counterpart of my licence but I’m pretty sure I threw it out as I was aware that this has not been needed since 2015.
Has anyone here been asked for the paper part of the licence when finalising finance? When I ordered the car in March my finance was approved without any hassle so wondering what to do tomorrow.
Any ideas?

Paddy

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
This is only a guess but they probably want identification proof that your you, perhaps if you have a current passport or other official id.

Thats just my guess :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is only a guess but they probably want identification proof that your you, perhaps if you have a current passport or other official id.

Thats just my guess
That’s what I’m hoping. I will bring my passport and a couple of bills and hope that will be sufficient. i was excited till I got home hunting for the paper part. Found old ones but have my old address on!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you mean the part of your licence that shows categories and penalty points etc? Not the plastic bit. If so you can get this info from
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
You can get a code where they can check all this or print it off. Don't understand why they would need this though. Need your driving licence number postcode and NI number to log in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean the part of your licence that shows categories and penalty points etc? Not the plastic bit. If so you can get this info from
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
You can get a code where they can check all this or print it off. Don't understand why they would need this though. Need your driving licence number postcode and NI number to log in.
Yes that’s the bit. And I remember when I purchased my car that I’m trading in I was never asked for the paper part but that was with Blackhorse finance so maybe different criteria with different finance companies. I will have a look at the website though. But I assume it is just for identification purposes. Thank for the responses.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi there, I am picking up my new 3008 on Thursday from the dealers but I have to go tomorrow morning to sort out the remainder of the finance. I was asked to bring with me the counterpart of my licence but I’m pretty sure I threw it out as I was aware that this has not been needed since 2015.
Has anyone here been asked for the paper part of the licence when finalising finance? When I ordered the car in March my finance was approved without any hassle so wondering what to do tomorrow.
Any ideas?

Paddy
You don't need it, since there is no requirement to have one. The dealer will simply take a photocopy of the license itself.

Enjoy the car, I remember the feeling!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any ideas?

Paddy
You don't need it, since there is no requirement to have one. The dealer will simply take a photocopy of the license itself.

Enjoy the car, I remember the feeling!
Thanks Simon. And yes I will enjoy the car. Really excited now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts