Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, so test drive went really well.
Now, just moving on to thinking about different options etc... Before placing an order.
I've been busy going through a whole raft of Peugeot Tutorials on You Tube so I can get my mind round things.
I noticed on the one about Panoramic Sunroofs that it stated these were standard on models Active and above?
I presume that's not the case here in the UK?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Standard on the GT only I believe, we have the panoramic roof as an option on our GT Line, well worth paying extra for it in my opinion, makes the interior so much lighter and feels bigger.

·
Registered
620 Posts
£900 option on the Allure.

I didn't bother as I'm tall and .. white paint on the roof reflects the heat of summer :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
If it was standard I might say thanks very much but wouldn't pay a grand for it, had one in my QQ and the sunblind broke

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (40.2mpg)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have the standard fit opening roof on my GT 180 and it's superb.

I had a panoramic glass roof on my 64 plate C4 Grand Picasso which was excellent, but it's nice going one step further and having the opening option. The electric opening and blind opening makes it very easy to use. I keep the blind shut when the car is parked in the heat. You also get the lovely blue mood lighting either side at night.

I thought the dark headlining on the GT Line and GT models made for a dark interior, that was simply too dark, so the glass roof was essential to me. The other 3008 models had a light grey lining, which helped keep the interior bright, so I can understand not choosing the glass roof on these models perhaps.

I'm about 6ft 1" and read about problems with headroom if you have the opening roof, but I've not found an issue. I have the nappa leather seats which have electric control, which sometimes affects headroom, but again it hasn't.

One other benefit I've always had with the glass roof, is that when the birds decide to mess on the roof, it doesn't leave any damage to the paintwork! It can just be removed from the glass.

Saying all that, nearly £1000 is quite expensive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I take it the Peugeot video must have been referring to France where it's standard from Active upwards?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I managed to get to sit in a demo car with the sunroof and have no issue with the headroom in my new GT Line. I'm 5'11".

There was a review on YouTube with a French guy who said he was 6'1". He made no mention of any headroom problem when sitting in the driver's seat but said it was a bit tight when sitting in the back

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It’s that time of year when the wife and I are charged with grandchildren minding, so we have found ourselves using the car more than usual and driving to places to keep them amused.

One of the things my 5 year old grandson likes doing is to open the panoramic roof which seems a strange thing to do in the midst of winter. Funny thing is, I quite enjoy it! With the heater on and the inside of the car feeling warm, it’s nice to have fresh air without the discomfort and additional noise of an open window.

I didn’t get much use of the pano roof when I was in France because the hot sun beating on my head was uncomfortable but I’ll certainly make use of it in future, on fine wintery days.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It’s that time of year when the wife and I are charged with grandchildren minding, so we have found ourselves using the car more than usual and driving to places to keep them amused.

One of the things my 5 year old grandson likes doing is to open the panoramic roof which seems a strange thing to do in the midst of winter. Funny thing is, I quite enjoy it! With the heater on and the inside of the car feeling warm, it’s nice to have fresh air without the discomfort and additional noise of an open window.

I didn’t get much use of the pano roof when I was in France because the hot sun beating on my head was uncomfortable but I’ll certainly make use of it in future, on fine wintery days.
My sympathies are with you Daughty.

I got Grand kids too. I keep them under the stairs and when I let them out I always have a jar of sweeties by my chair. Not that I give them any.
They like the Panno roof too, because when we take them places They're able to look down and see me and the wife inside. Makes them feel warm.:D.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You didn’t used to write jokes for Les Dawson or Jack Dee did you grumps?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No, but I did grow up with them on the tele over the years (no decades) though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts