Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

When I was comparing the cars before ordering my 3008, I noticed that the only feature missing in the 3008 and exist in other comparatives like CRV & Koleos is the "Remote Engine Starter".
Do you think, I should buy and fix a remote engine starter from the aftermarket or that will void or damage something in my car or warranty?

Talking about the car, would you feel that the panoramic roof feature is safe?
Will it explode or crack easily, some people kept talking about this issue.
Unfortunately, 3008 comes with the panoramic roof as default anyway.

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

Can't comment on exploding or cracking sunroofs.

But I think you'll find its only standard kit on the GT.

I ordered it as an option on my GT Line.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Can't comment on exploding or cracking sunroofs.

But I think you'll find its only standard kit on the GT.

I ordered it as an option on my GT Line.
Okay, so you actually went for it intentionally, that's good to hear :thumb:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi Guys,

When I was comparing the cars before ordering my 3008, I noticed that the only feature missing in the 3008 and exist in other comparatives like CRV & Koleos is the "Remote Engine Starter".
Do you think, I should buy and fix a remote engine starter from the aftermarket or that will void or damage something in my car or warranty?

Talking about the car, would you feel that the panoramic roof feature is safe?
Will it explode or crack easily, some people kept talking about this issue.
Unfortunately, 3008 comes with the panoramic roof as default anyway.

Thanks
Surely adding something like that would cause problems with the warranty ??

·
Registered
420 Posts
Why do you want to start your car remotely? If you want a hot car during the winter, Peugeot offer Eberspächer heaters (that work from anywhere). It's better for both the engine and the environment. I'm sure they have something similar with aircondition for hot climates as well (or you could just open all windows remotely from a few hundred meters with the keys).

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm guessing that this is to start the aircon and chill down before getting in the car. I've visited Internet City in UAE on business before - daylight sun really cooks inside the vehicles if they're not under cover.

Only concern is - is the 3008 aircon good enough. With 37 degC here recently and 5 people in the car it was finding it difficult to get cool. I don't have a pana roof and my roof + car is white for this very reason for summer here in the UK.
Inside dash and the leather seats really pick up heat easily from sun light - wish the car windows had more UV reflectivity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do you want to start your car remotely? If you want a hot car during the winter, Peugeot offer Eberspächer heaters (that work from anywhere). It's better for both the engine and the environment. I'm sure they have something similar with aircondition for hot climates as well (or you could just open all windows remotely from a few hundred meters with the keys).
I'm looking for a cooler not a heater, as the degree comes to 40 c here in Dubai, I guess that remotely opening the windows will slightly help.
I should be able to do that by long press on the unlock button or what?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing that this is to start the aircon and chill down before getting in the car. I've visited Internet City in UAE on business before - daylight sun really cooks inside the vehicles if they're not under cover.

Only concern is - is the 3008 aircon good enough. With 37 degC here recently and 5 people in the car it was finding it difficult to get cool. I don't have a pana roof and my roof + car is white for this very reason for summer here in the UK.
Inside dash and the leather seats really pick up heat easily from sun light - wish the car windows had more UV reflectivity.
Yes, you are correct, but man, you are worring me a lot now, do you think they enhanced the AC a bit for the Gulf area before sending it to us !!!
I really started to be so hesitant of buying the Peugeot...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes, you are correct, but man, you are worring me a lot now, do you think they enhanced the AC a bit for the Gulf area before sending it to us !!!
I really started to be so hesitant of buying the Peugeot...
Don't get me wrong - it does cool just with 5 people from sunbaking, it takes a little while longer that I would want.

Also you'll need to have the rear vents open to really get that cooling air into the back. Parking rear to sun may also be a good option.

Note the seats only heat and I haven't seen a seat cooling option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts