Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've read an enormous amount of posts in this Forum and learned a lot. It's been very helpful, and finally I'm ready to order my first Peugeot, 3008, Allure, 1.2 Petrol Auto. :)

I'm wondering if anyone who's got a 3008 with panoramic roof have any regrets with that decision?

In other posts about panoramic/glass/sunroof, people talk about their experience with other cars, and what possibly could go wrong. I'm very interested to know if any of you with a new 3008 with panoramic roof have had any problems? (Especially those of you who live in countries with cold winters)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi everyone!

I've read an enormous amount of posts in this Forum and learned a lot. It's been very helpful, and finally I'm ready to order my first Peugeot, 3008, Allure, 1.2 Petrol Auto. :)

I'm wondering if anyone who's got a 3008 with panoramic roof have any regrets with that decision?

In other posts about panoramic/glass/sunroof, people talk about their experience with other cars, and what possibly could go wrong. I'm very interested to know if any of you with a new 3008 with panoramic roof have had any problems? (Especially those of you who live in countries with cold winters)
I did not get the Panoramic sun roof since I'm living in hot country (it is a bad idea for hot country) anyway following is my findings on panaromic roof when i do research;

- If you get a black inner roof lining it is better to go for panoramic roof as it will reduce the gloominess.
- I have seen in french forums few people have complained about leaking roof on new 3008.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think with the Allure, the roof will be grey, and not so gloomy, but still I'd like the panoramic roof. :)

I haven't thought about heat so much, we seldom have many warm days in Norway, and was hoping keeping the blind (?) shut would be enough for those days:)

I'm more worried about cold winters with temperatures shifting under and above freezing, if that would damage the roof, and if it was noticeably colder, or much condensation-problems.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think with the Allure, the roof will be grey, and not so gloomy, but still I'd like the panoramic roof. :)

I haven't thought about heat so much, we seldom have many warm days in Norway, and was hoping keeping the blind (?) shut would be enough for those days:)

I'm more worried about cold winters with temperatures shifting under and above freezing, if that would damage the roof, and if it was noticeably colder, or much condensation-problems.
Yep. allure get gray color roof lining as standard. GT Line and GT get Black. In your climate should be fine.

I do not have experience on very cold climate with this vehicle. But what I have seen is no complain on cracking due to temperature difference. Have seen people posting photos with few feets of snow on top of the panoramic roof but no damage. some time roof stuck (motors do not work) due to freezing but after it melt works fine. I remember discussion on minor condensation however, later concluded it as normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies!

It's good to see there's not many common, typical problems, or complaints about the panoramic roof. And, that it probably should be fine although it's cold/snow. I'm thinking that fewer replies to this post is a big positive:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't speak for technical problems, but I test drove a GT Line with a panoramic roof and found that ate into headroom quite badly. I sat in a car with no panoramic roof in the showroom and found it much more comfortable.

If you're tall and/or like a high driving position (like me... I'm 191cm) then you'd probably be best to avoid the panoramic roof.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I’d be interested to know if the noise level is acceptable, when open (fully or partially) and cruising on the motorway. (?)

·
Registered
486 Posts
I’d be interested to know if the noise level is acceptable, when open (fully or partially) and cruising on the motorway. (?)

Difficult to travel on motorways very noisy if left open and if vehicle having grip control tyres. I hate it. Not sure about without GC tyres.

On the other hand driving with windows or sun roof open reduce the fuel economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've had pan roofs in 508s and to be honest hardly ever opened them.
Too cold in the winter (UK), it seemed to let the heat out so the heater would work harder.
Too hot in the summer. Let too much sunshine radiation in and made the Air-Con work harder. Probably be a headache if you're bald:lol:

So upshot is: Don't bother to pay for it! (my opinion!)

Grumpy.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I had the pano roof fitted to mine and have absolutely no regrets.

1. It matters jot to the sound insulation (and I have Focal so if there was a leak in noise I’d notice it).
2. Being a very dark cabin with all the interior being black, the sunroof certainly not just brightens the place but makes it feel larger. We seldom drive with the blind shut.
3. Have no issues with headroom (only people who sit in the back of mine are the grandkids and boy does it keep them quiet when they look up at the sky).
4. Has the benefit of blue light strips running around the roof which adds to the other blue lighting in the interior.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Good point Beards, it really does brighten up the interior with the blind open, and the blue LED strips down the sides look good. The Pano roof was not on my shopping list when I went to the dealer, but the discount I got from them was nearly £500 less without the roof, so on the basis it was only costing me £500, I thought it was a good move. I don't regret it either, and the great thing is that unlike some other cars with a full length glass opening roof (Jag XJ comes to mind), it doesn't rattle or squeak constantly.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm 6'3" and i'm fine with it in my GT. I don't have the chair at it's lowest setting, where I sit I can comfortably see the full display over the steering wheel. However there isn't much room above my head and if I push my sunglasses up they can catch on the roof. Fully open it's too noisy to drive much above 30mph enjoyably but it's great for brightening the cabin and the blue lights are cool. My little lad likes it open when he is in the back :)

I'd definitely advise testing before purchase, I can't imagine anything worse than a new car getting delivered and you couldn't fit in it lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree with a number of others on here - it does brighten up the cabin and the addition of the blue led strips around the edge add to the ambience. However, as an actual sunroof it will hardly ever get used and in the summer I may have to close the blind as being a baldy ginner such sunroofs have a tendency to burn my head.

It came as standard with my GT but because of the burning head issue, I wouldn't have specced it if it had been an option. Now that I have got it, I don't mind it. It does eat a little headroom but I am nearly 6 foot and have no issue getting in and comfy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I agree with a number of others on here - it does brighten up the cabin and the addition of the blue led strips around the edge add to the ambience. However, as an actual sunroof it will hardly ever get used and in the summer I may have to close the blind as being a baldy ginner such sunroofs have a tendency to burn my head.

It came as standard with my GT but because of the burning head issue, I wouldn't have specced it if it had been an option. Now that I have got it, I don't mind it. It does eat a little headroom but I am nearly 6 foot and have no issue getting in and comfy.
The glass is UV proof so shouldn't burn your head. If you mean with it open.. sure. But I suspect most pano roof owners have it for the light rather than the opening feature. I'd have had a non opening one in preference to an opening one.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I used my open pano roof a lot when I was in France but not in the midday sun to avoid burning the top of my head. Strange though, it’s the same sun when you are walking around but then it doesn’t feel quite so hot.

Changing the subject slightly, it has been discussed before about the poor reversing light and rear view camera image when reversing at night. I drove my car for the first time in a week and noticed this but what made matters worse was the distraction of the pano roof ambient lighting when turning my head to see out of the rear side and rear windows. Tired eyes maybe!

One other thing I’ve noticed and haven’t bothered to figure out is why I sometimes return to the car to find the roof blind closed when I know I left it open.

·
Registered
765 Posts
One other thing I’ve noticed and haven’t bothered to figure out is why I sometimes return to the car to find the roof blind closed when I know I left it open.
Doesn't it close if you use global closure. ie hold down the close button.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Doesn't it close if you use global closure. ie hold down the close button.
Probably, but I never use the key! I can't remember if there is a global closure function when using the door handle to lock or unlock the car although as far as I am aware I always do this in the same way.

·
Registered
420 Posts
No problem with panoramic roof in Østlandet so far. Snow melts as soon as the cabin gets warm and there's no issue regarding pressure washing, frost or anything else.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts