Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEllo People,

Im planning on painting my trim my self to the same colour as the body colour. i was hoping there would be someone very kind to tell me how to paint them. and also what would i need to complete the task?

Many Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
239 Posts
never considered it personally because the results could be a killer to the looks of the car and value,

if you decide to go ahead then there is a special undercoat for plastics which allows it to be playable and not to crack so ask a paint sprayer what is required.

B

·
0 Posts
Hi Folks

I repained all the interior silver bits (silver again) as the previous owner had caused marks besiode the head unit, plus around the gear stick where I think he must have let his phone run aorund.

I also painted the door switch panels silver too - replacing the crappy rubbery paint that peugeot use - MUCH smarter.

As Pugbod says, watch the colours here as the wrong colour looks tat.. and is an instant turn off for some future buyers and dealers!

Depending on colour, you might just get away with a body colour.

As far as painting goes (other than door switch panels) as they are already painted, just degrease them, and give them a run over with 600-800 wet and dry (used wet of course), then cleaned up with a tac rag or alcohol wipe, then on with paint. I would not bother with primer - assuming you are laying on an acrylic paint. If you are using anything other than acrylic you may need a barrier coat to prevent reactions.

What you will see is that the Peugeot paint is so very thin... I was astounded quite how thin the paint was. I measured it and most read 30microns.. which is next to nothing - most car bodywork (from factory) is about 120-150microns.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts