Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will be getting my baby within 2 weeks and with winter coming on re-salt mud and any other unmentionables on our roads not to mention bird poop question is what would be a good sealant for the car i dont have a buffing machine but have a large tin of elbow grease ive seen mention of a few products in some posts but cant find them so thought i would start a new thread on it .
i dont know what the state of the paint will be when i pick up i suspect although it wont be soft i dont know if it should be touched for a few weeks to let it fully cure (again showing my age in my day was told not to touch a new car for 2 months to let the paint cure).
so recommendations please with such a diverse group im sure there are some closet detailers here

·
Registered
161 Posts
I asked a similar question in a detailing thread and was told the car will come fully waxed etc. So all you need to do is wash it regularly with neutral shampoo.

When you feel the wax coat has worn off, you can do a thorough clean and then reapply wax all over.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cars today tend to be cured during the factory process. What I would do is.

1. Thorough 2 bucket wash?
2. Apply fallout remover to remove any iron particles picked up during transportation.
3. Clay with a fine clay bar or clay mitt. I prefer a mitt these days.
4. Borrow a DA and get a finishing pad and a finishing polish like https://www.menzerna.com/products/polishes/car-polishes/finish/
5. Then apply good synthetic wax or sealant. I like Soft99 fusso.

Make sure to use good quality microfibres.
Your car will feel like glass now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts