Peugeot Forums banner

paint match problem.....

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  STU0909 
#1 ·
Ok folks....last week had a van run into my rear door. Wasn't badly dented but put it into bodyshop yesterday and got it back today. Paint code on driver's door label is EXYB which I believe is Onyx black. Now they painted the door according to the colour code and the year of the cab but when I got it back the colour of the door is too deep a black. The rest of the paintwork next to it looks a lighter shade of black, even worse in the sunshine. It goes back into the paintshop on Thursday to get the door repainted. Seems that after 2012 this paint mix changed and had some white added to the mix which would make it a lighter black. But mine being 2008 shouldn't have had this shade. I've had the cab since 2010 and in that time it hasn't had paintwork done. Anyone came across different shades of this colour. Plan is to paint it with this later lighter shade and then machine the adjoining paintwork to polish it and hope that it blends and looks ok. BTW it was painted with base and lacquer not solid colour.
Comments anyone????

#2 ·
Hi mate,this sounds similar to the problem I had with my car. I only got it redone yesterday.when the door was done first time it was a darker shade ,mine is a light gold.and yes much worse in sunlight.did a bit of research on the net about it, you have to take into account your old paintwork fading over time, and any new paint as a chance of been slightly different shade.the info I came up with was not just to repaint the door but also to blend and feather into surrounding panels so no miss match is noticeable. got mine bk yesterday and is now spot on, the sun was out so did the sunlight check and its perfect now, this must be with the blending of the paint and not just doing a solid panel, hope this helps, sorry for going on a bit lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.