Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with the colour match on their Peugeot. I have new model 3008 Pearl White. The front bumper and front bonnet 3008 badged strip are a poor colour match to rest of car. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Goes back to dealer next week for examination. And I have no doubt a palaver will follow. Would be interested in any others with same issue and what outcome resulted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I too have the pearl white and have the same issue.
This is a common problem in the motor industry and is certainly not isolated to Peugeot. There’s another thread on it somewhere in this forum if you look hard enough.
It’s due to the different materials used in the body of the car, plastic, steel, aluminium, etc... The paint will technically be the same colour but will appear to be a slightly different shade because it’s the surface it’s painted onto has different properties and the application process differs
I’ve seen it Mercs, BMW’s, Alfa Romeos, Citroens and many more... You can try speaking to your dealer but I doubt they’ll do anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I too have the pearl white and have the same issue.
This is a common problem in the motor industry and is certainly not isolated to Peugeot. There’s another thread on it somewhere in this forum if you look hard enough.
It’s due to the different materials used in the body of the car, plastic, steel, aluminium, etc... The paint will technically be the same colour but will appear to be a slightly different shade because it’s the surface it’s painted onto has different properties and the application process differs
I’ve seen it Mercs, BMW’s, Alfa Romeos, Citroens and many more... You can try speaking to your dealer but I doubt they’ll do anything.
Dealer was fab. Peugeot were rubbish. They did not want to know. Saying it was a common problem. And known. Dealer reached agreement with me to respray. No point in my view doing it white. So did it black. The black strip now catches your eye and diverts from the poor colour match on bumper. The Peugeot pearl white really suffers badly in matching.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
oh hell, the new car ordered is vertigo blue its also a pearl hope they do a better job with mine sheesh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh hell, the new car ordered is vertigo blue its also a pearl hope they do a better job with mine sheesh
The white is the worst by far. Once u see it you always see it. On Facebook when people post their new white ones most have issues. Anyway I am very happy with my new look on mine. I call it black pack +

1 - 8 of 8 Posts