Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have owned a 2004 54 reg 307 136bhp for past 18 months. I brought it knowing the turbo had gone so had a new one fitted. The car went great for 12 months then the car started jerking/juddering on low acceleration. Didn't think much but I had the EGR valve cleaned. The fault would only happen now and then. About 2 weeks ago a hissing now came so I got under the car and it was a pressure pipe from the cat had blew. So while I took it off to replace it, I cleaned the cat and the DPF filter (there both nice and clean now) and I replaced both pressure pipes. Put it all back together and cleared the lights on the dash (I have a ELM 327) and it went fine, the turbo was working then the light came back on with the 'anti pollution fault' flashing on the dash and the turbo cuts out. I put it back on the machine and the code P2563 pops up which I know means... Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance. can anyone help on this situation? So Ive replaced..
MAF sensor
2 Pressure pipes
Turbo
And cleaned..
EGR valve
Cat
DPF filter

The car runs fine until the light comes on with the code then its flat and the turbo doesn't kick in. Sometimes when I put the light off and the turbo works, it does pull back abit. Its like an electrical fault

Please help

Thanks

Read more: P2563 Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

D

·
0 Posts
You are not dealing with the fault AT ALL. Turbo control!!! Nothing to do with the turbo, dpf or egr.
Get the vacuum system checked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the MAF sensor because I had 6 codes up at one point and that was one. I also read about the DPF on the 136 blocking so I though while I was under there, to clean it, it was quite blocked so good job I did. The turbo Is swine to get to apparently, Ive had a look from underneath and on top and cant see it, any tricks to get to it? How much would a vacuum test cost at Peugeot?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh right.. Ive been told about taking the sub frame on but Im not sure. Ill maybe to Peugeot and ask see if I get anywhere. Any other suggestions on my problem would be appreciated.
Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
oh right.. Ive been told about taking the sub frame on but Im not sure. Ill maybe to Peugeot and ask see if I get anywhere. Any other suggestions on my problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
The vac system is your problem ill bet. Get that looked at. All the turbo parameters need to be checked with the diagnostic also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
11,766 Posts
UK dealers usually charge a flat labour fee of £80+VAT per hour. Some will do it in half hour blocks at £40+VAT.

But they won't accept your fault codes, they'll insist on doing a Planet diagnostic first at the rates above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had in at peugeot and they said its more than likely sensor on turbo but they want £700 to do it so I said no. Might just scrap the car. How hard is the subframe to remove?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any suggestions on how to get to the turbo without lifting engine out? If subframe is taken off with the engine drop?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm no mechanic but not bad with taken things apart so how can I keep the engine in place while taking the subframe off? May sound stupid.

D

·
0 Posts
I'm no mechanic but not bad with taken things apart so how can I keep the engine in place while taking the subframe off? May sound stupid.
You need a serious range of tools and an engine crane. I wouldn't touch it if you don't have the tools you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh that's a bugger. Ive read somewhere that you can just about get to the turbo by taking the cat off, ever heard of this? When I had the cat and dpf off I couldn't see it, is it hid behind anything? I saw a foil like cover, do you know what this is?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My father in law has an engine hoist I could borrow but to be honest, where do you start? If I decide not to do nothing with it I may get more ebaying it than scrapping.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts