Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the engine fault come up on the dash, as I was moderately accellerating. Noticed accelleration reduce, and from then on it remained reduced, until I stopped and turned off the ignition. Then performace was normal again though the EML remained on. After a couple of stops it cleared completely.
Returned again in similar circumstance, managed to read code this time. P2448. Cleared it and all is good again for the moment.

So this is to do with the secondary air injection, air flow high.
Can someone give some sort of explanation of that that means, and any guesses on the cause of the problem?

Vehicle details in my signature.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having looked up secodary air injection, I am even more confused, as the system is not normally required in diesel engines.

The car han't been used much in the last few months due to lockdown, so I wonder if that's affectig things.
I have had two other occasions of the SERVICE and EML lights coming on. First one said there was a dual mass flywheel fault. Cleared, never came back. Nect was on accelleraton, with same symptoms, but I'm sure it wasn't the same fault number, though I can't remember what it was, but I'm sure the description in Diagbox was something to do with the air inlet tract.

But all three happened on moderate accelleration, last two times when the engine was completely warmed up.

·
6,581 Posts
P2248 is listed as o2 sensor fault

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My typo. It should have read P2448, which is the air injection.

If it happens again I'll check with Diagbox.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it has happened again, twice yesterday. Each time I was travelling around 65 mph and put my foot down a bit more to pass another vehicle. Fault came up immediately. However, as this was on the M42, and I had to get home, I didn't have the option of checking with diagbox.
I wasn't aware that diesel engines used secondary air injection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts